What's new

Quick Notes - Grip6 Belts

This is not a full review, just some quick initial notes for anyone considering purchasing from this company. I've not even worn it a full day yet, so any further review would be pre-mature on my part. :)

1) Colors do not quite match up with the web images. At least with regards to the "Khaki", which looks like the "brown/tan" variety in the image. The actual belt I received seems more of an "olive" color. I know khaki can mean this at times, but the image on the website looks quite different.
2) These belts do have a bit of a sheen to them. Specifically the "titanium" webbing I ordered. Just something to consider before you buy.
3) I chose a "Slope" buckle, as I liked the look and figured I could use my existing belt hooks for storage. One thing I had not considered is that these belts do not loop behind the buckle. This means that with an open buckle like the slope design, the button on your pants will be visible. Not an issue for shirts your wearing untucked, but probably something you don't want to do if wearing these with a tucked in shirt.
4) One of the selling points for these belts is that they are "low profile" and do not protrude form your pants or dig into the skin. While this is true of the buckle, the loop that's made from adjusting the belt does not "sit flat". At least on the mid-weight webbing. I'll see how the lightweight compares in this matter. I don't believe this to be an issue, just something to note if that was your main consideration.

Overall, the biggest thing I wanted to note is the finding from the open buckle designs. I guess I should have made that 1, but I'm too lazy to change it around now.

I can now state that wearing the belt correctly also keeps ones pants up. My notes regarding the colors and sheen are still valid. I'd edit the existing post, but apparently I'm no longer allowed to do so.

Top Bottom