What's new

Questions for Gibbs Adjustable razor owners

Got my Gibbs and after I disassembled it and cleaned it noticed these 2 things I would like to improve on it:

- The red ball on the adjustment knob is no longer there, anything from the local stores I can use to install on the empty gap. Its a miniature thing and no big deal but would be nice if I can find replacement of some sort.

- I cleaned up all the razor parts but I'm noticing rust on the spring, would like to know if I can find matching spring from the local stores.

Anyone that had done this sort of changes on the their Gibbs appreciate if you can pitch in, thanks

I had one that had a somewhat of a rusty spring and I first soaked it some scrubbing bubbles just in case there was some soap scum build up which there was and then I took a small wire brush and some Barkeppers and made a paste and just scrubbed it and eventually it was shinny again.

...I recently purchased some replacement springs for my Gibbs No.17 from an eBay seller buonshopping; the 0.8mmx10mmx15mm is the one to get. It is stainless steel and works great...

If you want to keep your original spring, just do what gun owners do. You don’t have to toss a rusty spring, trust me. Put some Militec (Preferred as it penetrates the metal) on it, remove the rust then put another coating on it. You could even use Hoppe’s.

Got my Gibbs and after I disassembled it and cleaned it noticed these 2 things I would like to improve on it:

- The red ball on the adjustment knob is no longer there, anything from the local stores I can use to install on the empty gap. Its a miniature thing and no big deal but would be nice if I can find replacement of some sort.

- I cleaned up all the razor parts but I'm noticing rust on the spring, would like to know if I can find matching spring from the local stores.

Anyone that had done this sort of changes on the their Gibbs appreciate if you can pitch in, thanks
Were you able to find a replacement for the red ball?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Were you able to find a replacement for the red ball?
The OP has not been seen for 6 years. I suggest one of these:

1715460109899.png

Top Bottom