What's new

Question To All Owners Of Philips Norelco SP9860/SP9820 Prestige Electric Shavers?

I recently bought the SP9860/13 Prestige Philips electric shaver and one thing I noticed right away was that the display remained dead when picking it up. I am used to see the display light up when moving it on my old S9711 Philips shaver. After reading some reviews online I see some of them mention that their display lights up on their SP9860 and SP9820 models when they touch theirs. But on mine the only time it do that is when lifting it of the Qi charging pad. If I lift it from its carry pouch or just from the table the display remains dead and I have to turn it on to check for charge level.

This make me think that my unit i faulty and I should return it for a new one. But before I do that I want to know how yours behave? If I get confirmation here that it should light up every time you pick it up I will return my unit!

Assuming you don't have it set on "lock" (3s press on the power button), it should turn on the display when you pick it up. If the shaver is locked it won't display anything (unlock by another 3s press).

Top Bottom