What's new

Question about Cologne based shaving soaps/creams

Hey Folks,

I'm a big fan of Floris 89 and Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet. Here's my curiosity about both: Each is a scent that significantly evolves over the course of the day... That is to say- what they start out smelling like is really different from where they end up (with 89 going from a light citrus to a floral, with BB going from a lemony/citrus to conifers/pepper).

How are these scents translated into shaving mediums (soaps or creams) that are not on you long enough to go through their full progression?

Hey Folks,

I'm a big fan of Floris 89 and Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet. Here's my curiosity about both: Each is a scent that significantly evolves over the course of the day... That is to say- what they start out smelling like is really different from where they end up (with 89 going from a light citrus to a floral, with BB going from a lemony/citrus to conifers/pepper).

How are these scents translated into shaving mediums (soaps or creams) that are not on you long enough to go through their full progression?

Total shot in the dark as the only cologne based cream and EdT combo I've had the opportunity to use both was with 1805...and it was a long time ago for both. With that being said, I'll venture a guess and say you're probably going to experience mainly the topnotes of the cologne in the cream (confused yet? :tongue_sm).

I do have samples of both Blenheim EdT and cream (<-- Thanks Nick!), but I'm hoarding the cream for a "special occasion use" as once it's gone, it's gone. :frown:

Top Bottom