What's new

QED USA - Savile Row 3824 Silvertip - exemplary Customer Service

I had been reading some rave reviews about the Savile Row 3824 Silvertip brush and felt like it would be worth purchasing for my (ever-expanding) collection of brushes. As I reside in Ireland, I wanted to source the brush from a European-based vendor. However, I could not find one for the 3824. From reading a few threads here, I discovered that QED USA stock the brush. I contacted the vendor via email and that same day, Charles (the vendor) got in touch to let me know he did indeed ship to Ireland. He even threw in a few words in the Irish language in his email! A few email exchanges later, and the brush was in the post. I would recommend using Charles (and his QED USA) for all your shaving needs. His attention to detail and willingness to go that extra mile to aid a potential customer is to be lauded. :thumbup::a14:

I now look forward to receiving the brush to get lathering! Thanks for all your help, Charles.

M

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
+1 Charles is great to deal with. That's a great brush you have there, enjoy!

$shot_1392761776911_20140218224649151_1.jpg

The Savile Row 3824 I ordered from Charles at QEDUSA arrived in the post yesterday and I shaved with it this morning. Here is a photo of the pre-use appearance of the brush. It was so comfortable to use, so soft on the face! It lathered up the GFT sandalwood like a demon. I’ll post a “bloomed” image once the brush dries out. Superb brush and thanks again to Charles.

This brush has been in my wish list for a while. I ended up getting a WD with similar specs... But I still want a SR 3824... I feel like it's calling me everytime I see a post related to it on this forum.

This brush has been in my wish list for a while. I ended up getting a WD with similar specs... But I still want a SR 3824... I feel like it's calling me everytime I see a post related to it on this forum.

It's a wonderful brush, Marco. I think you should go for it...you won't be disappointed.

Charles once hand-picked a 3120 for me (actually, his wife did) when I wanted a shorter-than-spec loft. I asked gingerly, expecting him to be prickly about it, but he was cool (actually amused). The one thing that stands out about Savile Row is that they are consistent from year to year. If I don't buy an SR today, six months or a year from now there will be one with the same specs and hair grade, so I won't feel like I missed out on a special one-off kind of thing. Charles' oversight on (Shavemac, whatever) production is the key, and he's never faltered in the six years I've been dealing with the company.

The specs on the 3824 did change from a few years ago when it had a longer loft. I briefly discussed that with him and he was "amused" by the desire to see his brushes with a shorter loft but he did respond by giving the buying public what they wanted.

Yep, the decreased loft was the one concession he's made on his "modern" line of brushes. That's probably all we'll get out of him. :001_smile

Top Bottom