What's new

Purge

I'm in... Just got my first FP last week and would like to be able to try out a lot of that stuff. I hope to start a more personal journal this year but this stuff will be used at work as I take quite a few notes. I also work with a few other guys who use FPs and will likely share with them too.

Thanks!

I'm in, My Wife and I have set a New Years Resolution to Journal about how thankful we are about each other and our kids every night. This great PIF would help make this an even more fun endeavor. There is so much to try in the world of the NIB and this would help. I am also working on my penmanship and would love to be able to send out great looking Christmas cards next year.

Drew

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Very nice PIF - thank you, but I'm not in. I got 6 bottles of Diamine for Christmas and even though I'm fairly new to FP's I'm sure there are others who are more in need of such a nice stash.

I have a daily journal where I generally alternate between a Pelikan 600M and an 800 OB (which I have finally mastered in terms of writing angle). I have a Sailor fine which turns out to be not my favorite sized nib (but how do you know until you get one), but is used for taking notes at meetings and is my traveling pen.

I am also sending out more and more letters. They seem to be enjoyable for both parties.

I'm in, great PIF, thanks!

If I win, I would put all of this into my hobbies... journaling, sketching and trying my hand at fictional writing. I've been taking a few courses at the local community college on fictional writing, and I am thinking of trying to write an actual book. This PIF would come in handy, as I am gather inspiration from the inks and papers I use!

skipping out on this, as much as I'd like to be in. (can't believe I said that). Wonderful PIF, can't believe the generosity of B&B'ers. KUUUuuuuuudos.

I'm in! I am excited for hopefully a B&B LE this year. I have also started using a B&B journal to write little letters and stories to my 5 year old son and my goal is to fill it up and start another one. I think it would be so cool when he is 18 to read back about the things we did when he was a kid and how things have changed in the years.

Thank you for the PIF it is very kind of you

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am in. I am excited about improving my cursive this year, so I will be doing a lot of practice with my Parker51 loaded with Pelikan Blue-Black. Thanks for the chance.

:a47: So much good stuff here! What a generous PIF, Reckoner. Being closer to the front end of that acquisition arc, I would love to be considered for this, thank you.

What am I most excited about writing in 2014? Well, like you it's little notes and letters to my wonderful wife, who cheerfully puts up with the steady stream of packages showing up at the door. I also am being considered for a particular six-week workshop/class that's a pretty big deal at my level in Uncle Sam's canoe club, and if selected I've already got my pens and notebook picked out. (I'm such a dork.) Among my little (yet growing at an alarming rate) pen collection, my weapons of choice are my Pelikan 605 (M) and Conklin Mark Twain (1.1mm stub) - those are the two that would definitely make the trip with me, although with two more slots in the roll I'd likely take along my TWSBI (also a 1.1 stub) and my trusty Bexley Jitterbug (eyedroppered and full of 5OS since I got it, it's my everyday workhorse). I typically use Clairefontaine "Life.unplugged" notebooks for most of my writing at work and note taking, and I have some G. Lalo stationery (Love!) which I use for letters.

Thanks again for offering this awesome PIF.
Shoot me your mailing address. You've got incoming.

Congrats Price!! What a great setup to help you get your feet wet... although I don't recommend using the ink on your feet. Nobody likes wet feet... even cats.

COngrats Price! Killer PIF. Thank you for putting up the offer and thanks for all the "friendliness" of the NIB. It has made it the first place to go of BandB

It was my pleasure, guys. When I got into FPs when I was in graduate school, a parish priest invited me to see his monstrous collection--thousands of pens--and invited me to pick a few out of the case that I might like: VP, Visconti Wall Street, and a metal Lamy 2000 (the earlier LE). I'm just trying to kick forward some of the kindness he showed me.

I haven't said anything about it, but I have a feeling that if Price doesn't like all of his loot from this hookup, you all may be among the first to know.

I'm in. This is my first post in The Nib. Just ordered a Pilot Metropolitan and a Rhodia notebook from Goulet. I am looking forward to learning how to write legibly in cursive, so that love letters to my wife don't look like an elementary kid wrote them. Thanks for the opportunity.

Top Bottom