Purdey

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpeg
    IMG_1305.jpeg
    859 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1306.jpeg
    IMG_1306.jpeg
    748.5 KB · Views: 24
No, but I got to hold a beautiful James Purdey rifle a few years ago at the Wannamaker gun show in Tulsa. :)
I have never run across a Purdy. On the other hand, about 15-18 years ago my wife and I went over to Dallas to their Safari Club show. There I handled beautiful fully engrave with some outline gold inlays Mauser light safari rifle, by light I mean a .375 H&H, I was standing there admiring it and the gentleman manning the display said pick it up and really look it over. I commented that I could never afford such a work of art and he said go ahead and look, so I did.

I used to go over to Chaddicks gunshop in Terrell, Tx. The last time I was there Mr Chaddick was not there and his right hand man said go ahead and look around. Now this is a closed door shop, you really need and appointment to get in. While there, no one bothering or looking at us, but I suspect there were cameras and moniters in the back, I picked up one Parker A-1 that at the time had a price tag of 235,000, and another just under that, then several Fox guns in the $40,000 range. I ended up purchasing a little 28ga Darne, a sliding breech double, made in France , that day.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have never run across a Purdy. On the other hand, about 15-18 years ago my wife and I went over to Dallas to their Safari Club show. There I handled beautiful fully engrave with some outline gold inlays Mauser light safari rifle, by light I mean a .375 H&H, I was standing there admiring it and the gentleman manning the display said pick it up and really look it over. I commented that I could never afford such a work of art and he said go ahead and look, so I did.

I used to go over to Chaddicks gunshop in Terrell, Tx. The last time I was there Mr Chaddick was not there and his right hand man said go ahead and look around. Now this is a closed door shop, you really need and appointment to get in. While there, no one bothering or looking at us, but I suspect there were cameras and moniters in the back, I picked up one Parker A-1 that at the time had a price tag of 235,000, and another just under that, then several Fox guns in the $40,000 range. I ended up purchasing a little 28ga Darne, a sliding breech double, made in France , that day.

Great story! $235,000! Crazy! I don’t think I could ever bring myself to shoot a $235,000 firearm, much less take it out and hunt with it.

:)

If I recall correctly, one of the old guys I shoot skeet with was using a Purdey this past summer. To be honest, I didn't know what it was when he told me nor how much it was worth.

I paid about $5.00 or less at Goodwill.
so if anyone wants it it will Be free. Conus
so put your I want it and I will pick a number or it will go to the homeless shelter at Christmas.

I had a very well-to-do client who had a Purdey 12ga o/u. He let me shoot it during a round of sporting clays. Absolutely beautiful gun. The quality and craftsmanship is beyond anything I've ever shot.

But I shot my cheap Lanber just as well.

Top Bottom