What's new

Purchasing a new de razor

I am looking at purchasing an ascension twist adjustable razor from
Phoenix shaving do any of you have this razor and what was your impression of it thanks.

Reactions: Kix
I have the Ascension, both in the aluminum (first release) and in the copper. I am a big fan of the Ascension's double open comb head. The twist adjust does work, just don't expect the range of a more usual DE adjustable (e.g. vintage Gillette).

The handles are grippy and well-made. They don't match my taste in handles (short, thin, titanium weight class) so I often put a different handle under the copper head.

I will sell or PIF the aluminum Ascension when I get around to it. I have other double open combs. The Ascension is my favorite.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Just about any razor you can think of, someone on B&B has done a review on it. The search engine on this website is quite powerful, so its good to tickle the keys a little bit and hit enter, and see what magical world of reviews you find. I appreciate Kix providing you the link to my review, saved me the time to have to get it myself, good man!

100% I vote Copper ascension. I will say though, due to the way PAA run's their business, razor availability is scarce at best, with usually a 4-month lead up time, waiting for release to buy. Agreeing with what other's have suggested to you thus far, I suggest picking out either the stainless or copper version of the Ascension, and if they are not in stock, subscribe to their notification service.

Because the way it works at PAA is, as soon as the razor comes in stock, it will be gone in a week, 2-weeks if your lucky. If its already in stock now, buy immediately while you have the chance, otherwise your going to be waiting till spring of next year. Also, I appreciate anybody on this site, who is gracious enough to put up their Ascension for sale, to help this guy out. Thats how I got my Fatboy razor, I made a WTB post.

Here's my PAA Copper Ascension Twist Adjustable in Rose Gold!

IMG_4275.JPG

PAA razors are really something. The Meta-4 and DOC Ascension have shocked me in how good they shave, unique designs (based on rare and interesting vintage razors of course). I still love my other razors but their is something special about the PAA razors. My HLS Start 1.18 solid or Open comb or my Razorock Lupo would be in the same "class"

Top Bottom