What's new

Proraso Cypress & Vetiver - Truck Stop Bathroom Smell

i really want to like this scent. however, there is a note in there that smells EXACTLY like something they use in truck stop bathrooms across the US and that association in my head is totally ruining it for me. what could it be? is it vetiver? i really like the MDC vetiver soap scent so i was under the impression that i liked vetiver (i didnt really have any prior exposure to it before then). im gonna try to get over that association with this one as it was relatively expensive and i love proraso stuff normally, but man whatever that is in there is a dead ringer for that bathroom stuff! ugh!

Haha! I am familiar with that scent you are speaking of. I've never smelled Vetiver that I am aware of, but would not like it if it smells like you describe. My condolences for your purchase.

Well, there are several different varieties of vetiver. The real vetiver is made from an essential oil in the roots of a type of grass. It can have a dirty or smoky vibe, or just a green plant type of vibe. It can be a pleasant, gentlemanly scent used for instance in Guerlain Vetiver fragrances.

There are synthetic versions of the vetiver scent, that may be what you are reacting to. The synthetic scents are a lot cheaper to make.

just thought i should come back here and let any potential future readers know that i quickly got over this olfactory association after using the scent for a week or so. it really is quite nice. im pretty new to fragrances in general so my palette is not quite developed yet. just wouldnt want anyone to be dissuaded from trying this based on the title/thread.

Top Bottom