What's new

Proraso After shaving or Splash.??

Another thought, though I have never tried it - Baxters of California has an aftershave balm with menthol and no alcohol - don't know much about it though.

ok, but is it ok to mix balm and aftershave together..??

Yes, I do this almost all the time.

dam that sucks only the splash has the menthol, what dose the balm smell like.??:bored:

The balm smells pretty neutral, and will not clash with other Cologne you might wear.

WOW that's it am going for the AS splash, now the only thing is do i buy the balm as well...:001_rolle
thanks,

Of course! Buy them both and enjoy them in good health!:thumbup:

You won't regret pairing the Proraso splash and balm. They're both so great.

Thanks alot fellas:lol: looks like am getting them both now:001_rolle, one question is it over kill to put moisturizer after you put on the aftershave... am mean after you let it dry..?? because I only put the AS on my beard area??

If you use a splash and then a balm, I would think moisturizer would then be overkill simply b/c the balm is meant to moisturize. If you have really dry skin, you may need the extra moisturizer though. If your skin is really that dry to begin with, you likely are not helping your case by using an alcohol based product that will dry you out even further.

If you are talking about using the splash and then asking if the balm or other moisturizer after the splash is overkill, then no. Of course, you don't need both, but I wouldn't say it's too much. It's personal preference, which you'll have to experiment with...you might find for YOU it is overkill.

good luck!

Thanks alot fellas:lol: looks like am getting them both now:001_rolle, one question is it over kill to put moisturizer after you put on the aftershave... am mean after you let it dry..?? because I only put the AS on my beard area??

Hi Petercle (and others)

Instead of applyiong the splash first and then the balm, I do it the other way around. First the balm, and then Proraso splash or Floid blue. You just need a vaporizer to do so, but personally, there's nothing better than the retro sight of a big 400 ml bottle with matching vaporizer.

If you use a splash and then a balm, I would think moisturizer would then be overkill simply b/c the balm is meant to moisturize. If you have really dry skin, you may need the extra moisturizer though. If your skin is really that dry to begin with, you likely are not helping your case by using an alcohol based product that will dry you out even further.

If you are talking about using the splash and then asking if the balm or other moisturizer after the splash is overkill, then no. Of course, you don't need both, but I wouldn't say it's too much. It's personal preference, which you'll have to experiment with...you might find for YOU it is overkill.

good luck!

So you use the AS for your beard area, i know, but do you also use it on your whole face to moisturizer. or you leave it dry so that you would be only moisturizing your beard..??:bored:

With a lot of alcohol based aftershaves the answer to this would be no. Alcohol is an astringent and cleans the skin after you scrape a blade across it (the scent is simply a nice by-product...not the true intent of aftershave).

With aftershaves like Proraso splash...there are so many goodies in there that if you have the right face type, you could easily get away with just this. I often do this in the spring/summer months.

In the winter, I find that Proraso ASB is a nice finishing touch, after the aftershave, added moisture/sealer to protect against the elements.

So you use the AS for your beard area, i know, but do you also use it on your whole face to moisturizer. or you leave it dry so that you would be only moisturizing your beard..??:bored:

You could use it on your whole face, but I don't and I don't know anybody who does. Usually you just put it on your beard area wherever you just shaved.

With a lot of alcohol based aftershaves the answer to this would be no. Alcohol is an astringent and cleans the skin after you scrape a blade across it (the scent is simply a nice by-product...not the true intent of aftershave).

With aftershaves like Proraso splash...there are so many goodies in there that if you have the right face type, you could easily get away with just this. I often do this in the spring/summer months.

In the winter, I find that Proraso ASB is a nice finishing touch, after the aftershave, added moisture/sealer to protect against the elements.

Same here. I gave up on AS years ago becasue I was using the wrong stuff; that is the high alcohol cologne-style (Kouros, Paco Rabanne etc)that does next to nothing for your skin. Proraso and other tradiotional AS do far more and I've been pleasantly surpised how non-drying Proraso and Tabac AS are.

Out of habit and a tendency toward dry skin, I add a bit of balm too, but I probably don't need it.

i really like the proraso splash followed by the balm. i use it after shaving with a super lather of proraso soap and cream.

i wish that there was a cologne that smelled like the splash as the splash wears off.

the bad news is the proraso splash plus balm is around $30. for 25% or so of that price, aqua velva followed by nivea cooling balm is similar and more cost effective.

Top Bottom