What's new

Proper Pajamas

Growing up, our upstairs wasn't heated, so a tshirt and boxers was about the minimum that I could get away with wearing, if I had the electric blanket turned on. Once I moved away to college, I had to sleep with the window cracked because it just seemed too hot to sleep at night at 70 degrees. Now that I have my own place, I close the vent in the bedroom, which keeps it around 60-65, with the rest of the apartment at 70.

I usually only sleep in boxers, and am almost too hot now that I put the flannel sheets on. If I'm sick, I will wear a tshirt and maybe a pair of socks in addition to the boxers.

Boarding school. Army barracks. These require some form of nightwear.

Nowadays, there is some jewelery that wears more comfortably with nightwear.

For me it's generally been a pair of cotton, or satin, boxers, plus a cotton, or poly cotton, tee or singlet, until about May when the flannel sleep-pants come out of the wardrobe.

I've looked around, a schoolmate had an awesome flannel night-gown... 20 + years ago! I've never seen one. Would love one. Tried to get Mrs Westie to knock one up on the Janomie, nope it didn't happen. Might have to go looking online...

Boarding school. Army barracks. These require some form of nightwear.

Nowadays, there is some jewelery that wears more comfortably with nightwear.

For me it's generally been a pair of cotton, or satin, boxers, plus a cotton, or poly cotton, tee or singlet, until about May when the flannel sleep-pants come out of the wardrobe.

I've looked around, a schoolmate had an awesome flannel night-gown... 20 + years ago! I've never seen one. Would love one. Tried to get Mrs Westie to knock one up on the Janomie, nope it didn't happen. Might have to go looking online...

Brooks Brothers has flannel night shirts. Not sure if that's available to you or not, but worth looking.

I'n not a senior citizen, and I wear pajamas. Just call me "your Grace", :thumbup:

These things are only in the stores here around Christmas :-(. Score them in the post-Christmas sale before they get away!

Maybe it's Hugh Hefner's fault these have disappeared. Kind of creepy seeing him with those 19-year-olds...

Senior citizen here and don't wear PJs (or anything else) in the bed...but I do put on a set before I go downstairs to retrieve the newspaper and make coffee! :blink:

If you're looking for comfort, check out Calida...a Swiss company who makes very nice, high-quality nightwear. They're pretty expensive, but I frequently find excellent deals on Calida clothing at Sierra Trading Post.

In the buff, if I sleep with a shirt I feel like it's trying to strangle me. Maybe it's my wife though, I've never looked. In the cooler months I pull out the down comforter.

I always sleep commando.. but prior to climbing in the sack I can be found in LLB fannels in the winter and in whatever shorts and tee I happen to have on during the day in the summer.

Saturday and Sunday mornings: Classic cotton pajamas, black cotton bathrobe and wool slippers, nice and relaxing when drinking the morning coffee and smoking the the first cigarette or pipe.

Sleeping: Usually boxer short only, except of the coldest nights, for those nights I put on my pajamas.

I have one pair of the style you describe (Cost me about £20) I often wear the bottoms but often just wear a t-shirt instead of the matching top as I find it can be too warm. The top does have the pocket like you describe but I never use it, does anyone? One thing I miss with the bottoms is that they dont have pockets in.

In the evenings though its usually a pair of thick jogging bottoms, t-shirt with a warm long sleeve check shirt over the top & a thick pair of socks with my Guinness slippers. If its really cold (and I stay up online until 2/3am) then its a hoodie on top. Then I will change into the pyjama bottoms & t-shirt combo right before getting into bed.

My PJ's are Ralph Lauren bottoms either my Plaid ones or the softer Fleece type ones and usually a t-shirt. I wear a robe if the house is a little chilly.

Boxers.

I find everything else somehow restricting/constricting. If I get cold I just cover up with extra blankets/comforter.

I always wondered as a kid about the funny looking PJs actors would wear in movies... none of that for me!

I quite enjoy these Noel Coward Pyjamas, but hey I'm British-

proxy.php

Last edited:
Great lookin' pajamas TenorClef, I can just picture Noel sporting them on the lanai at Goldeneye in Jamaica, sharing a morning cup of coffee with Mr. Fleming, reading the daily.

Top Bottom