What's new

Price-adjusted Blade Ranking

I like your concept, but for the most part, cost seems to have a minimal impact on where the overall ranking ends up. The highest rated blades (based on squires ranking) all remain at the top and the lowest rated at the bottom, with a couple blades in the middle moving up a spot or two. While the cost scores are objective, squires are very subjective. I don't find a Feather 5-10X better than some of his low ranked blades. If you had a larger group ranking the blades independent of cost and took an average, I would find the scores more meaningful. For me, I would like a way to compare what I consider to be a top of the line premium blade ( for me, this would include a Super Iridium or Med Prep Personna ) to one of my favorite "budget" blades ( Astra SP, Personna Lab Blue ) and a good mid-priced blade (Voskhod). If nothing else, a simple formula where I could plug in my overall blade score, price per blade and shaves per blade would let me compare them.

Mike

I'm not sure that adding more weight to the cost factor would help give accurate results either, as the blades in the list are all bought in different quantities. The cost per blade isn't really accurate. You are using cost per blade when something bought in a five pack will cost 10 times more that something bought at 200 or 400 at a time.

Top Bottom