What's new

pre shave that you can't do without?

What is a preshave product that if omitted from your routine actually makes a significant difference? Over the years I have used several preshave oils that might help some but I have not found one that I feel should be a must. What are some that y'all have found to be of most benefit and what are the ramifications of not using it for you?

I don't use pre-shave oils. I take a bit of the extra lather left in the puck or etc. and put a dab in my wet hands and rub that on my face as a pre-shave.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Not a pre-shave oil but I use one of three pre-shave products for every shave: Grooming Department unscented pre-shave, PAA Cube2.0/Tube2.0 or Baume.be pre-shave.

I do realize the use or avoidance of pre-shaves is subjective. I did fairly extensive tests for me and my face and found they improved my shaves. There are lots of fans on both sides of this one and many who are apathetic as well.

Not a pre-shave oil but I use one of three pre-shave products for every shave: Grooming Department unscented pre-shave, PAA Cube2.0/Tube2.0 or Baume.be pre-shave.

I do realize the use or avoidance of pre-shaves is subjective. I did fairly extensive tests for me and my face and found they improved my shaves. There are lots of fans on both sides of this one and many who are apathetic as well.
I just ordered a jug of grooming dept. Mojito preshave. Thanks for the help.

Eventually. Soap speeds things up by taking a layer of oil off, so the water gets into the hair cuticle faster. Any mild facial soap will do the job, but what's the harm in a dedicated product if it's reasonably priced?

I could wash the car with Dawn dishwashing soap, but I like to use Meguier's for that.
Don’t believe I said there was any harm in a dedicated product.

They’re all good, fun to use and inexpensive. Proraso, Edwin Jagger, Castle Forbes, any oil. I tend to use the Proderma/Alt Innsbruck oils.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I have course whiskers, which means their tough to cut, even if I do a hot towel to the face first. I've tried the pre-shave creams, and the pre-shave oils, the performance of both were just OK. It wasn't until I tried out PAA's Mentholated Ice Cube 2.0 Block, did the heavens open up and shine upon me, with such sweet slickness for my razor. I could not do without the pre-shave soap from PAA. It literally is the difference between having a rough shave, and a comfortable shave.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have course whiskers, which means their tough to cut, even if I do a hot towel to the face first. I've tried the pre-shave creams, and the pre-shave oils, the performance of both were just OK. It wasn't until I tried out PAA's Mentholated Ice Cube 2.0 Block, did the heavens open up and shine upon me, with such sweet slickness for my razor. I could not do without the pre-shave soap from PAA. It literally is the difference between having a rough shave, and a comfortable shave.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
I use the cube 2 in the shower and the Tube 2 for the pre-shave. I use the black one, without the menthol because my skin reacts to it. Great products.

Top Bottom