What's new

Pre-Reformulation Cade

Is there any of the Cade Shave Soap pre reformulation still out there. I like everything about the old Cade, I am a triple milled guy. Seems like triple milled itself is out of vogue for several odious reasons. I didn't know about the change and order some and knew quickly something was amiss. From what I read there may have had even another change since ethe first change. Anyway, if someone has a stash of the old Tallow base please help.

1da6ea546fa48d2a390f31e3842a6f5a.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Is there any of the Cade Shave Soap pre reformulation still out there. I like everything about the old Cade, I am a triple milled guy. Seems like triple milled itself is out of vogue for several odious reasons. I didn't know about the change and order some and knew quickly something was amiss. From what I read there may have had even another change since ethe first change. Anyway, if someone has a stash of the old Tallow base please help.

View attachment 1715429

Hello from another Fan of L’Occitane Cade triple milled soap! :). I love the light Juniper scent, the fact that it doesn’t cost an arm & a leg; and that it’s triple milled and a puck lasts forever!

My synthetic brush has no trouble lathering it up on my face to a nice creamy consistency. I am a very seasonal guy. So other than trying the occasional new soap here or there, I pretty much stuck to these soaps:

Winter: Haslinger Schafmilch

Spring: La Toja

Summer: Proraso

Fall: L’Occitane Cade

Travel: Arko Stick

For years, It was Tabac I strictly used and enjoyed in the Fall season; but when they changed up their formula, I changed up my soap to Cade. I know Cade changed their formula before Tabac, but I already had one puck of the original formula I had been working on for 10 years; and two new pucks of the old formula already in storage I received as gifts over the years.

It only made sense to me; that since the first original puck lasted me 10 years of infrequent use, why not just switch to Cade as my Fall soap since I had two of the original formula already at hand? :)

I have been working on a new second puck the last two Fall seasons that have come and gone. And I can still see the faint, L’Occitane engraving on the top of the soap puck.

As hard as it is of a triple milled soap those two pucks I have should last me for all of the Fall seasons I have left in this life? :)

If I’m still around and get thru them, I won’t be purchasing the new formula. :)

Hello from another Fan of L’Occitane Cade triple milled soap! :). I love the light Juniper scent, the fact that it doesn’t cost an arm & a leg; and that it’s triple milled and a puck lasts forever!

My synthetic brush has no trouble lathering it up on my face to a nice creamy consistency. I am a very seasonal guy. So other than trying the occasional new soap here or there, I pretty much stuck to these soaps:

Winter: Haslinger Schafmilch

Spring: La Toja

Summer: Proraso

Fall: L’Occitane Cade

Travel: Arko Stick

For years, It was Tabac I strictly used and enjoyed in the Fall season; but when they changed up their formula, I changed up my soap to Cade. I know Cade changed their formula before Tabac, but I already had one puck of the original formula I had been working on for 10 years; and two new pucks of the old formula already in storage I received as gifts over the years.

It only made sense to me; that since the first original puck lasted me 10 years of infrequent use, why not just switch to Cade as my Fall soap since I had two of the original formula already at hand? :)

I have been working on a new second puck the last two Fall seasons that have come and gone. And I can still see the faint, L’Occitane engraving on the top of the soap puck.

As hard as it is of a triple milled soap those two pucks I have should last me for all of the Fall seasons I have left in this life? :)

If I’m still around and get thru them, I won’t be purchasing the new formula. :)
Love that rotation. I like Haslinger but never tried the Haslinger Schafmilch. I will pick some up. What really is bad is I found a scent much like Cade and dame if I didn’t put it in a tub and forgot what it was. Oh well.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Love that rotation. I like Haslinger but never tried the Haslinger Schafmilch. I will pick some up.

Haslinger Schafmilch has moisturizing Lanolin which I prefer over MWF. Smells great, lathers easier and better than MWF, especially the new formula of MWF and keeps my face moisturized in the dry, cold winters.
What really is bad is I found a scent much like Cade and dame if I didn’t put it in a tub and forgot what it was. Oh well.

Lol’d. If you ever remember, I’d definitely be interested in knowing what it is. They might have a matching aftershave also that smells like Cade.

I sure do miss Cade aftershave splash. :)

I think the tallow Cade is impossible to find, as is the pre-2012 veggie.

I have the veggie from 2009. One of my all time favorites! I'll be sad when it's finished but I use it hardly 4 times a year so still plenty of years left in it.

Close in performance to the older Cade is Provence Sante and Pre de Provence. There is also a French newcomer called La Maison du Savon de Marseille. They have two scents called Monsieur and Rebel. No tallow in any of these nowadays, but they're triple milled and perform better than the current Cade.

Close in performance to the older Cade is Provence Sante and Pre de Provence. There is also a French newcomer called La Maison du Savon de Marseille. They have two scents called Monsieur and Rebel. No tallow in any of these nowadays, but they're triple milled and perform better than the current Cade.
Thanks, looks good. I will try that.

Top Bottom