What's new

Pre and post care for shaving your head

I have been shaving my head with a wahl clipper for years but i was wondering what pre and post shave everyone uses, right now i use some witch hazel.

I shave my head in the shower so no pre shave. Post shave I use an aftershave spiked with witch hazel then coconut oil in winter or a mosturizer with an spf in summer.

Why not shave your head with a blade? Or are you going to start and that's why you're asking? I used clippers for a couple years until I finally blade shaved. I was instantly hooked on the feeling of a razor shaved head. It looks and feels so much better with no outline of stubble on the sides. I don't know if you do it because of hairloss or not but If so I always say you may not have had any say in losing your hair, but a razor shaved head IS a choice.

No pre but for post I use Nivea cool kick balm. It helps for the dryness I used to get before I used it. Especially in winter!

I shave my head in the shower so no pre shave. Post shave I use an aftershave spiked with witch hazel then coconut oil in winter or a mosturizer with an spf in summer.

Why not shave your head with a blade? Or are you going to start and that's why you're asking? I used clippers for a couple years until I finally blade shaved. I was instantly hooked on the feeling of a razor shaved head. It looks and feels so much better with no outline of stubble on the sides. I don't know if you do it because of hairloss or not but If so I always say you may not have had any say in losing your hair, but a razor shaved head IS a choice.
The shaved head look is good right now, while i am in the process of hair loss, i feel the buzz cut can still be pulled off, not quite read for the razor.

The shaved head look is good right now, while i am in the process of hair loss, i feel the buzz cut can still be pulled off, not quite read for the razor.

Well to each their own. I was just trying to provide a friendly, gentle nudge if, by chance, you were at a point where you were considering going for it. I recieved one from a coworker who razor shaves his head and that's what finally got me to do it. I am grateful to him to this day. Welcome to the forum!

Well to each their own. I was just trying to provide a friendly, gentle nudge if, by chance, you were at a point where you were considering going for it. I recieved one from a coworker who razor shaves his head and that's what finally got me to do it. I am grateful to him to this day. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

Only pre-shave step is washing in warm/hot water.
Post-shave is using the same aftershave I use on my face.

I shave my head, with a DE, twice a week. I don't do much as a pre-shave except wash my scalp with ivory soap (like I do my face before shaving), and make sure to get the scalp ready with a really hot wet towel (like I do with my face). Post shave, some witch hazel.

Top Bottom