What's new

Post your preferred brush - face lathering

As the title says, please post your favourite brush or brushes for face lathering.

We can turn this into a beautiful thread.

My Omega 10290 boar, Omega 10065 boar and Omega 40033 boar. I have a Stirling lil Brother synth which is a great size but doesn't give me the scritch I like from my boars.

My favorite when I use a shave stick, (that's the only time I face-lather) is a RazoRock Big Bruce. A fantastic brush at a low price. How can you not love it?

Mongoose_RR.JPG

I have really been loving my Semogue 620 lately. The knot is fairly small which I think is good for face lathering - you can get the lather where you want it. My Omega 48, by contrast, has a huge knot and I end up getting lather all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semogue 620 or Stirling 26mm Kong. The semogue took months to break in but once it sad, man...it was amazing.

Muhle silvertip XL or Tuxedo 26mm. The size, together with the soft tips gives the most luxurious feel amongst all my other brushes, including a shavemac 2-band in 24mm

1E4B376D-65A5-44E4-9E47-253DAE1B44B7.jpeg

Wild West Brushworks Tuxedo synth 24mm. I have a few and they are just wonderful. They’ve overtaken badgers and boars for me and get used about 95% of the time. I pretty much face lather every shave. Cheers.

My current faves are a Wolf Whiskers Little Johnnie w/ a 24mm TGN Grade A Silvertip, a Shave Revolution 24mm Manchurian. Both are low loft fan knots that preform great. Plus a bigger Thater Fünf, 26mm two band finest bulb. I am looking forward to a Shavemac 26mm D01 that's on the way.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I face lather hard soaps and prefer smaller brushes. These days it is a 90% Simpsons rotation: Duke 2, Chubby 1, Tulip 2, 57 and Classic 2 are my favorites (and don't ask me to pick a 'favorite child!')

Top Bottom