What's new

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

My dad used to use that phrase all the time. He was a dermatologist and he would say that chocolate had nothing to do with acne. Teenagers just eat a lot of chocolate and are prone to breaking out anyway. Since you won't be shaving your beard, try shaving your head for hunting season.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
My dad used to use that phrase all the time. He was a dermatologist and he would say that chocolate had nothing to do with acne. Teenagers just eat a lot of chocolate and are prone to breaking out anyway. Since you won't be shaving your beard, try shaving your head for hunting season.
I remembered that from my public speaking class circa 1968.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Damn good advice. I don’t have an Ivy League education either. I have a knack for remembering mostly useless information and every joke I’ve heard since grade school.

About the only one I remember isn't even Latin but all first year law students have heard it for decades:

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's supposed to mean something along the lines of, Don't let the bastards grind you down.

BTW, first year of law school was as far as I went. Too much Latin!

Damn good advice. I don’t have an Ivy League education either. I have a knack for remembering mostly useless information and every joke I’ve heard since grade school.
I have a knack for trivia as well. It's not as useful as most think. And if you watch Jeopardy with friends you end up looking like a freak.

Top Bottom