What's new

Pork chops

Marinade them in Italian dressing. You can grill them, but I prefer to pan fry them instead. The extra marinade can them be turned into a sauce to pour over the chops.

My wife made some pan seared pork chops in a sauce a few nights ago that were amazing. She had received the recipe from a friend and had she told me before hand, I would never have eaten them. The sauce was made from coke, catsup and Worcestershire.

Michael

My wife made some pan seared pork chops in a sauce a few nights ago that were amazing. She had received the recipe from a friend and had she told me before hand, I would never have eaten them. The sauce was made from coke, catsup and Worcestershire.

Michael

I have heard of basting barbecue with Coca Cola for a long time. I never tried it, though.

Tim

Michael

I tried it last night. Very tasty!

Tim

I love my pork chops. I usually marinate them in Italian dressing with some worstester(or however you spell it) and grill it with some grill seasoning on it. Match them up with a side salad and some potatoes (either cubed or mashed; not baked) and you have a great dinner.

Every time I look at these I get hungry, mind sharing the recipe?

Michael

Peking Pork Chops: I buy thin cut pork chops, fry them in a hot skillet with some peanut oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Drain oil from pan reserving a little. Add lots of Sriracha chili sauce to pan, some hoisin sauce or soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, some corn starch dissolved in warm water, and stir over low flame until sauce thickens. You want the sauce to be deep red so do not add too much hoisin or soy sauce as both are very dark. Place chops back in pan to coat with sauce and serve. Divine.

Salted Pork Chops: Buy thin cut pork chops, season liberally with sea salt and white pepper. Dredge in flour, seasoned with sea salt and white pepper. Fry in hot peanut oil until dark golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Lightly saute chopped scallions and jalapeno peppers in some oil and sprinkle on top. Lip smacking good.

Last night, I had been reading this forum and, for some reason, became inspired to cook pork chops for my family's dinner. I had some nice, thick, boneless loin chops from Costco.

I dried the chops with paper towels, sprinkled them with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, and browned them well in a hot cast iron skillet. Then I turned down the heat and covered them with a mixture of bread crumbs, garlic powder, and herbs de Provence. Next, I added a half can of chicken broth and about 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce to the bottom of the skillet and put it into the oven at 380 degrees. After 25 minutes, I turned them over and roasted them for another 25 minutes.

I used the other half of the chicken broth to cook some Texas basmati rice. On a whim, I also added a healthy sprinkle of Montreal steak seasoning to the rice.

Who else likes pork chops?

Tim
This sounds like the perfect way to cook PC's. I will try it. No matter which cooking method I use for them, PC's always get herbs de Provence.

Peking Pork Chops: I buy thin cut pork chops, fry them in a hot skillet with some peanut oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Drain oil from pan reserving a little. Add lots of Sriracha chili sauce to pan, some hoisin sauce or soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, some corn starch dissolved in warm water, and stir over low flame until sauce thickens. You want the sauce to be deep red so do not add too much hoisin or soy sauce as both are very dark. Place chops back in pan to coat with sauce and serve. Divine.

Salted Pork Chops: Buy thin cut pork chops, season liberally with sea salt and white pepper. Dredge in flour, seasoned with sea salt and white pepper. Fry in hot peanut oil until dark golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Lightly saute chopped scallions and jalapeno peppers in some oil and sprinkle on top. Lip smacking good.

Gonna try these on the 27th! Can't wait.

Top Bottom