What's new

Polishing an ATT razor?

Has anyone done this to their razor?
I want to attempt it but would like to know what is needed tool wise. I'm guessing a Dremel.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

If I was to want a mirror polish on an ATT I would take it to a jeweler, a good machinist for a professional finish. Polishing with a dremel can leave tell tale marks unless you are awfully good at it.

If you get a cloth buffing wheel, the kind that is stitched tight not loose layers. And some jewelers rouge, you should be able to put a mirror finish on it.

If I was to want a mirror polish on an ATT I would take it to a jeweler, a good machinist for a professional finish. Polishing with a dremel can leave tell tale marks unless you are awfully good at it.

+1. Why take the risk unless you are an expert IMO.

I live in Ireland if I took it to a "professional" awful is how it would come back. That's if it ever came back.

A buffing wheel for a dremel and stainless polishing compound is all you need. Both are readily available on Amazon. I polished my S1 to a mirror finish. It took 15 minutes, cost $10USD and it looks fantastic. No need for a jeweler to polish stainless.

I'll post some pics later.

A buffing wheel for a dremel and stainless polishing compound is all you need. Both are readily available on Amazon. I polished my S1 to a mirror finish. It took 15 minutes, cost $10USD and it looks fantastic. No need for a jeweler to polish stainless.

I'll post some pics later.
Thanks, I would love to see how it turned out.

Dremel tool, start with red compound. Clean, follow with white compound, or Flitz/Mother's Metal Polish or similar. Final polish with a bare, no-compound wheel.

Screaming shiny mirror finish.

Dremel tool, start with red compound. Clean, follow with white compound, or Flitz/Mother's Metal Polish or similar. Final polish with a bare, no-compound wheel.

Screaming shiny mirror finish.

+1. It really is quite easy to get a mirror finish on stainless.

Top Bottom