What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

So I've tried bourbons of all sorts, American whiskey, Irish whiskey.. I can do a good single malt Scotch sometimes, but I'm super picky on them. In general, just the smell alone turns me right off of close to every one I've smelt/tasted.

Interesting. That's a pretty decent range of categories. Is the smell that turns you off the same between them all, or different?

Interesting. That's a pretty decent range of categories. Is the smell that turns you off the same between them all, or different?

The majority of them all have some similarity to the scent and taste, and that is the part I found I don't like. Scotches often come out extremely unique compared to other whiskeys, and many of them lack that part I don't like, what ever that component is. I've had associates that were professed lovers of whiskey have me try like single barrel and higher end ones, and they still mostly had what ever it is. Though to give credit, they were smoother, and had less things I disliked.

The majority of them all have some similarity to the scent and taste, and that is the part I found I don't like. Scotches often come out extremely unique compared to other whiskeys, and many of them lack that part I don't like, what ever that component is. I've had associates that were professed lovers of whiskey have me try like single barrel and higher end ones, and they still mostly had what ever it is. Though to give credit, they were smoother, and had less things I disliked.

I think you may have mentioned it already, but do you like any other kinds of hard liquor? Also, have you noticed the same unpleasant quality in things that are not whiskey, like tequila, vodka, or brandy?

I think you may have mentioned it already, but do you like any other kinds of hard liquor? Also, have you noticed the same unpleasant quality in things that are not whiskey, like tequila, vodka, or brandy?

I do like smooth aged rums, also a decent fan of tequila. Though it's super rare I have any of either.

I do like smooth aged rums, also a decent fan of tequila. Though it's super rare I have any of either.

Curiouser and curiouser. I am a big fan of tequila (much more than whiskey, which I like but tequila I love) and I find tequila and whiskey to be very similar, especially with regards to the sort of characteristics that I expected were in play here...doubly so when we're talking reposados and anejos, which tend to be aged in used bourbon barrels. This is now officially a puzzle/mystery but at the moment I'm out of ideas of questions to ask.

I guess it's just as well, I've got a TON of puzzles to solve today, stuff at work that's not working, my sister's furnace (I may know nothing about furnaces but they've had multiple professionals out and somebody has got to get this thing dependable, my nephew and niece need to be warm!), a website that hasn't been touched in years that needs updating and nobody knows anything, etc...

Dark Strong Kentucky in a bent Custombilt. Yummy.

$image.jpg

HH ODF in an Estella with the new K's stem. Taking a page out of @price 's book with the Blanton's. Sorry I've been so late :(

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425111092.666608.jpg

This afternoon: Milan Balkan Blend in no-name Canadian.
proxy.php

At the same time, wifey had Frenchy's Sunza Bitches in Medico Medalist.
proxy.php

Tonight, Milan Sultan's Blend in slightly cracked Royalton HLT.
proxy.php

Enjoying a bowl of Tilbury in my new Peterson Rosslare Royal Irish 999 silver cap. The break-in goes wonderfully. This pipe is just grand. Washing it down with an Arnold palmer.

$uploadfromtaptalk1425212478854.jpg

Top Bottom