What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

My Gepetto pipe by Ser Jacopo

$1407361010438_918617798_59938776.jpg

Enjoying some English rum in my country gentleman with the last of my four roses single barrel. Also, BZero007 smells like musty pickles.

View attachment 480886

Enjoying some Fire Dance Flake in my new Neerup Cherrywood.
FridayGT is smoking something but he is jelly.

View attachment 480885

Is anyone else enjoying the brothers back together, cause I sure am :). Lol, musty pickles Lol.

I have been having so much fun reading their banter. Keep it up boys!

proxy.php

Chenet's Cake in Polinski Poker, I ended up not finishing this bowl, DGTing it for tomorrow. I think it'll really blow my mind and by that I may not survive, good lord this stuff is potent.

Last edited:
GLP Triple Play mixed with ODF. Trying to use up the last little but of each. First time I've ever put two different tobacco together.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407454270.993739.jpg

Enjoying some Dunhill my mixture 965 in my Peterson Father's Day 2014 606s. Bzero007 was slacking on his piping and missed out.

$uploadfromtaptalk1407461329845.jpg

Motzek's Curly Strang in a Fikri Baki Cumberland Bulldog meerschaum...
$P1110367.jpg
The first one to say "clean your rim" gets it!
:gunsmilie:

Last edited:
You are the first person to provide me with even a shred of information on this pipe. Searches didn't uncover anything as to its identity. Where is "local" for you? You have a picture of your Granhill? I find mine still smokes a little on the hot side, however it got reamed pretty aggressively so I'm using the Carter Hall for build up a bit of cake to see if that'll help. All and I really like the pipe.

I will share a photo when I get a chance, I don't have any on this machine (though I sure that someone who was bored enough could fine one or two in the 464 pages of this thread!).

Granhills were made by Michael Kabik who was big in the 70s doing freehands for Chp-X and Sven Lar. As best I can tell, Granhill was a store brand for the local Smoker's Cove here in Fargo, ND. I doubt he personally carved them, but he was the one who oversaw their production. I have seen enough of them around in the surrounding states (MN, IA, etc) to think that he may have sold them through other outlets as well. More info on Kabik: http://pipedia.org/wiki/Kabik

I have a variety of them that I "inherited"/stole from my dad when I started smoking a pipe including a few freehands, a rhodesean, an apple, a prince and a small dublin. I had a few others, but I returned them to him when he decided he wanted to get back into smoking as well. I have never noticed them to be TOO hot, but that is because I smoke too fast so most of my pipes smoke fairly warm...

And at least one has ended up in London Ontario Canada. That's cool, thank you for the information I very much enjoyed reading through it.

I will share a photo when I get a chance, I don't have any on this machine (though I sure that someone who was bored enough could fine one or two in the 464 pages of this thread!).

Granhills were made by Michael Kabik who was big in the 70s doing freehands for Chp-X and Sven Lar. As best I can tell, Granhill was a store brand for the local Smoker's Cove here in Fargo, ND. I doubt he personally carved them, but he was the one who oversaw their production. I have seen enough of them around in the surrounding states (MN, IA, etc) to think that he may have sold them through other outlets as well. More info on Kabik: http://pipedia.org/wiki/Kabik

I have a variety of them that I "inherited"/stole from my dad when I started smoking a pipe including a few freehands, a rhodesean, an apple, a prince and a small dublin. I had a few others, but I returned them to him when he decided he wanted to get back into smoking as well. I have never noticed them to be TOO hot, but that is because I smoke too fast so most of my pipes smoke fairly warm...

So after reading your post, and the attached information I packed a bowl in my Granhill, Carter Hall, in an attempt to get some cake built up.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407532004.227358.jpg

At any rate on the bottom of the stem it is stamped Made in London England.

Top Bottom