What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

SJF this evening...

20240308_153310.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Trying to decide on a leaf for the morning's pipe. It's cool here, the last gasp of what in civilized climes is still winter but here is barely spring; so I'm thinking Early Morning Pipe or My Mixture 965.
We may get some snow here in St. Clair Shores, MI this morning. Up to 2 inches "they" say. I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I look forward to returning to Nashville next month.

Trying to decide on a leaf for the morning's pipe. It's cool here, the last gasp of what in civilized climes is still winter but here is barely spring; so I'm thinking Early Morning Pipe or My Mixture 965.
Settled on EMP in the Dr. Grabow sandblast Canadian, the Commodore (not my nickname for it, the actual model name). Smoked about twenty minutes and set it aside with a White Elephant pipe cleaner up the spout; we'll see if the remaining leaf smokes well when I get back from the grocery.

We may get some snow here in St. Clair Shores, MI this morning. Up to 2 inches "they" say. I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I look forward to returning to Nashville next month.
I'm looking at southern Indiana as a retirement bolthole later this year. The southern part is warmer than the northern, I hear, logically enough. I'll be so glad to escape endless steamy heat and the risk of hurricanes. (Yeah, I know, tornadoes, but at least a tornado operates in a narrow band, and doesn't last long.)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm looking at southern Indiana as a retirement bolthole later this year. The southern part is warmer than the northern, I hear, logically enough. I'll be so glad to escape endless steamy heat and the risk of hurricanes. (Yeah, I know, tornadoes, but at least a tornado operates in a narrow band, and doesn't last long.)
You don't get days of advance warning with a tornado though!
Sometimes there are literally seconds to react.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I tried the No.7 Broken Flake in the Falcon Algiers bowl again. The last bowl didn't smoke so well, as it was on a stem that the bowl doesn't want to be friends with (the thread is a little long on this bowl, so on some stems, the thread bottoms out before the gasket seals). After a change of stem, and packing slightly differently, I got a great smoke. Repacking now to go again with Kendal Cream.

Slept enough last night for a change, so some Stirling Flake mixed with Edgeworth Match has gone into the Peterson Arklow 606 pot-bowl. Good combo.

Amazing it is how a bowl that looks fairly small can provide a solid thirty-minute smoke. After two years and a bit, the lighter-colored rim of the Arklow bowl has darkened to a deep mahogany, too, giving the pipe a lived-with character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom