What's new

Pink Floyd Lives

I've listened to Blue Floyd which is members of Govt. Mule and the Allman Brothers doing a Floyd tour It's an interesting bluesy take on Pink Floyd

I've listened to Blue Floyd which is members of Govt. Mule and the Allman Brothers doing a Floyd tour It's an interesting bluesy take on Pink Floyd
Hi Bob.e...glad to see that you are still here. And interesting to hear your opinion as you are more qualified than most to have an educated opinion. I still listen to Utah xxx radio and NY xxx radio based on your recommendation.

I like Pink Floyd and the Allman Brothers, so I will have to check this out.

Waters and Gilmour have both said that Gilmour will appear on some of the dates of the tour.

I would not be suprised if Nick Mason doesn't show up as well.

I saw Waters in 1999 and loved the show. I have been a Waters Loyalist since the split in the eighties but.....my all time favourite member is Syd Barrett. I LOVE his solo work.
Wp

They will be in Anaheim December 13 & 14, just before heading to Mexico. You can see their schedule through their European leg. And I think their show is great, ATMO!

I'm on my way to the opening night of the Boston show -- this Thursday, September 30. I get comped, but the reviews are quite positive for this tour. So if you enjoy the Wall, don't miss it this time around...

The Roger Waters show -- The Wall -- is well worth seeing. Really an amazing performance and brilliant artistic efforts. The show is 2.5 hours long and most of the fans at the TD Bank North hall in Boston stood throughout the show. Quite a musical extravaganza!

They are almost sold out through the N. American tour and have a very heavy schedule. The show requires 20 full tractor trailers to haul the gear and equipment to each venue. The setup for a new venue takes 50 people over 12 hours. Quite a show!

Its very easy for us Floyd lovers to sit back and twiddle our thumbs saying "well its not the same without Rick", "oh...it's only The Wall songs", "hmphh..... well Dave better show up for the gig that I go to" etc.

lets be realistic about it. it's not the 70's anymore. 2/5'ths of Pink Floyd are dead, Nick's pretty much out of the question for anything beyond a token 3 songs once every 5 years.

whatever Roger or Dave do should be appreciated and enjoyed to the fullest. yes Roger's voice is well past it's prime, that's a given. but his passion is still there. he's even swallowed all that pride we winged about for 20 years and invited Dave on stage! The unthinkable happened and you want to hear "Amused To Death" songs?

it's The Wall! it's Rog! and there's a good chance that Dave will join him on his solo tour to play Floyd songs!!!

Not to **** in anyone's soup but I wholeheartedly agree. The Wall has not aged well. I'll take the Final Cut over The Wall anyday. It's far more real, dealing with more concrete issues, and it still rocks which is the ultimate goal of any rock album. I love the Floyd but to me, the Wall comes off as bloated. Especially when placed against the real old stuff with Syd. But that was a different band.

that's kinda weird as most Pink Floyd fans view "The Final Cut" as the bloated superfluous album. it contained songs written at the same time as The Wall that weren't deemed good enough for The Wall at the time. they also mostly dealt with Roger Waters grieving over his father and pissed off about the Falklands War. very much a personal album for Roger, but incredibly dated. and compared to The Wall...musically inferior. there's nothing on the Final Cut musically that even approaches "Comfortably Numb", "Another Brick In The Wall 2", "Nobody Home", "The Show Must Go On", "Run Like Hell", "Another Brick In The Wall 1", "Is There Anybody Out There", "One Of My Turns" or "Goodbye Blue Sky".

that's not to say that the Falklands War, Thatcher and war/father issues aren't less concrete than anything else. I guess it just comes down to what you relate to more. and as Floyd did the alienation, displacement thing so universally well in the 70's without being too specific..... the Final Cut was a direct statement made by one person in a band that has pretty much fallen apart and were no longer band by any stretch of the imagination

Yesterday is a memory. Tomorrow is the unknown. Now is the knowing. ~ Ajahn Sumedho

Thankfully I did not spend my Saturday night dwelling on an incredible band that existed (or concerts that occurred) 30 years ago, or a reunion that will likely never happen, but instead went to see Roger's show. As I read through this thread it is no surprise that those that have actually seen the show are not amongst the naysayers. My wife and I both enjoy listening to Pink Floyd, but last night was quite an experience to share.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eubpjmo60[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf7HXdZawzo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXbbAVow-YY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYnF-W3CvU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom