What's new

PIF in honor of an old-school barber.

Just to clarify the end time, I'm going to close this out on the 14th at 8pm Arizona time (which doesn't vary with daylight savings time, rebels that we are). It's GMT/ZULU -7 hours, for you pilots or military folks.

Edit - closed early due to altered travel plans.

Last edited:
This is a long PIF, Ross could you show a list of the participants (also who has double entry?)
Once again thanks for the great PIF.

Yes, it is long. Longer than I planned, actually, but I've never done a PIF and didn't quite know what I was getting into with the volume. I'd actually cut it off now, if I didn't think that might be "unfair" to change the date... but, in thinking of it more, I guess if anyone already read the OP they would have already jumped in. So, unless I get some compelling feedback arguing otherwise, I'd like to close this out today so I can actually have a manageable group. Fair warning, gates close in a couple of hours. I don't want to spend all weekend cutting out little names for the hat...

As far as the double entries go, I'm not aware that anyone's actually been able to get in and visit Nick's Barber Shop. Several people promised to do so and some have sent him messages via email or Facebook. I'll look through the posts in more detail after I close it out, but may not have any true double chances.

Clearly, I'm thinking as I'm writing this (which is never a good thing). But here's how I'll handle this. I'm going to close this at 2pm (1400) Arizona time TODAY. I'll re-read the thread to see if anyone's actually been able to visit Nick and qualify for a true double entry, but I don't remember seeing one yet. To make it fair for everyone, I'll actually draw two names - so, everyone gets two chances. The first name will get their choice of the three straights, including the Larry honing. The second name will get a 1958 (I think, based on a DE date code?) Gillette Fat Boy and a pack of English-made Wilkie blades. Deal? Good.

I'll be here watching. I wish I had a longer name so my piece of paper were BIGGER

I like that - thanks for the chuckle. As part of this learning process, a helpful member pointed out that most folks use a random number generator web site. Sounds so much easier than typing or writing all these on paper...

And, drawn second, was Grips. I PMed you, Grips, to see if you want the Fat Boy. If you're not into DE razors, no hard feelings - I will draw again if you're not interested. $fatboy.jpg

congrats, ckelly49, there's a pm on its way to you asking for your straight razor choice - or, you can post it here.

nice, a very deserving member.

glad to hear - now, which one will he pick? :)

:w00t: I guess 111 is my new lucky number. Thanks to everyone here at B&B (esp you fellow SR shavers) for the never ending knowledge, inspiration and extreme generosity. Thank you even more to rossvtaylor for this incredible PIF. This will help get me to that ideal razor collection number of N+1 :lol1:.

Now the hard part. Which one do I choose?

Thanks so very much Ross. The generosity of this place continually astounds me. I mean, there is people getting into bidding wars over Fatboys and I win one as a "consolation" prize.....

Never tried an adjustable so looking forward to trying out the Fatboy.

Thanks again to Ross and a hearty congratulations to ckelly49.

Top Bottom