What's new

Picked up some Aqua Velva

Whats up forum. Tonight I was in a CVS and I had to go for it! I read too many great reviews, and I picked up a bottle of Aqua Velva - Ice Blue. and though I've never used it, I was excited because it was a glass bottle :lol:.

Though tonight I put some on and smelt it, and I really don't fancy the smell, it's more or less very strong. I kind of like it, I kind of don't. Maybe it has to grow on me, I keep opening it and taking a whiff, maybe I just need some time. Perhaps I just need to have a DFS, splash some on, and let it roll.

I didn't even think to try Aqua Velva - Musk, which they also have, can anyone describe the scent maybe? Is it similiar to the Ice Blue, or is it just as strong. Is it fruity at all, since it's orange?

Well, here's to hoping it grows on me :thumbup1:

Chrislols

Last edited:
Aqua Velva really has to be liberally applied to a freshly shaven face in order to appreciate its awesomeness. Aqua Velva Musk definitely doesn't have a fruity scent. Next time you are at the store, take the top off of a bottle and give it a sniff.

Aqua Velva really has to be liberally applied to a freshly shaven face in order to appreciate its awesomeness. Aqua Velva Musk definitely doesn't have a fruity scent. Next time you are at the store, take the top off of a bottle and give it a sniff.

Yeah, I figure I shouldn't knock it until I try it! I don't know if I can wait until 'next time I'm at the store' *cough* AD.

Thanks for the reply,
Chrislols

Smell in the bottle was terrible to me. Finally, I had to get a glass bottle before they are gone and after putting it on the scent changed a lot - for the better! It's in my rotation, now.

Unlike most here, I'm not a huge fan of AV. I've sniffed the bottle in the store and tried to talk myself into buying it, but it's a no go. I did get a bottle of AV Ice Sport which has a slightly less intense scent but I'm not nuts about it. Usually AV bottles aren't sealed so just unscrew the cap in the store and take a whiff.

I like the scent well enough, but I use it for the menthol!
I've tried a few AS lotions that can be had locally that were mentholated, and none had the same effect for me (even the AV Ice sport). I've since been sent a tiny sample of Alt Innsbruck and I love it. When I get a job I'll be trying it and osage rub out as I hear that osage rub is the king of menthol.

Osage Rub is indeed very intense on the menthol. I don't actually own it, but my barber uses it after shaving my neck when I get a haircut. Not sure if I could handle it on my face though.

I was in Walmart today, and ofcourse curiosity (AD) got the best of me. :lol:

Aqua Velva - Musk is now the top of my list in terms of aftershaves!

My wife likes the Musk.

I'm OK with it, but I can't get the Anchorman quote out of my head when I see it...

"Time to Musk up!"

proxy.php

Last edited:
My wife likes the Musk.

I'm OK with it, but I can't get the Anchorman quote out of my head when I see it...

"Time to Musk up!"

proxy.php

Nothing wrong with that Anchorman quote!

AV smells like a MAN!

I am dying to go shopping by myself for some Osage Rub. as Hawk of the Road Warriors used to say " OHHHHH WHAT A RUSH!"

The first time I bought AV, put some on my face, and could not believe how much I disliked it. Wanted to give it another try. (my dad was an AV man) Boy what a difference. Can't explain it, but AV out of the bottle changes dramatically when you use it after shaving. Don't knock it until you try it, you just can't go by the smell in the bottle.

My wife likes the Musk.

"Time to Musk up!"

proxy.php

LOL. That's my generic term for any splash or cologne. Will text my wetshaving buddy with "Musked Up with Grafton today."

In the same vein, any hair product is automatically referred to as "Dapper Dan" as in "I much prefer the Truefitt Dapper Dan to the American Crew stuff I'd been using."

Its not really the fragrance that make AV so darn good. Its that AV has a wonderful combination of ingredients that are both refreshing and soothing at the same time, without leaving the face sticky or dry. You can spend a lot more and get a lot less...

Top Bottom