What's new

Photos of colored j-nats

Nakayama Kiita I just got in. Over 5 inches long, over 1 inch thick and over 3 inches wide. Really nice size for handheld or bench. I basically stole it at price I payed.

Pics are before I chamfered the edges, looks a bit cleaner now.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow. That's sick.

I've been playing with it all day. Very fine and fairly hard(like a 4++) but it cuts like crazy. Diamond made slurry blackens in seconds and with plain water you can feel the steel coming off with a velvety feedback, no skipping like some hard stones tend to do.

Almost as velvety feeling as my uchigumori but much finer particles.

Another JNAT which i only use for Kitchen Knives i do not know what it is, its a very hard stone and has some nice colours and patterns...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
This one has quite a large variety of different colours. The ground color is gray with cloudish yellow areas. Some very small yellow spots can be seen around the black Karasu.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 127
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 129
A little Monty Python humor. I'm not dead I feel fine think I'll go for a walk.
Anyhow thought I would bring this thread back from the dead. While I was waiting for this lovely
Nakayama Iromono to come today I stumbled over this thread.
and now for something completely different.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I posted a different image of this one in the other thread, but since it does have a tiny bit of color in it.... Hatanaka razor hone.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $DSCF0444.jpg
    $DSCF0444.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 88
Thanks Jeremy.

I bought this one on a hunch and seem to have been rewarded.:thumbup:
Now my guess on hardness is 4.5 or 4+. It's creamy no self slurry by not real hard.
Smoothest most forgiving shaves.

So would just Iromono be the appropriate description for this one.

$image.jpg
Dry pic.

Here is a pics of my colored Jnats -kiitas and Iromono I have and a carasy also , but in not shure if it fits in colored stones

$SIMG0008.jpg

Top Bottom