Buffalo, Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota
proxy.php

Power Plant, Central Islip, New York
proxy.php

Boundary Post, Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota
proxy.php

Flower in Stream, Yehudia, Israel
proxy.php

Anyone that shoots digital have any advice for B&W?

Normally I just go into photoshop, desaturate it, play with the levels and adjust the different channels by hand.

Anyone that shoots digital have any advice for B&W?

Normally I just go into photoshop, desaturate it, play with the levels and adjust the different channels by hand.

I can put up a rather extensive B&W tutorial for Photoshop if you want

There are several different ways to do it, all getting different results.

I'll start putting it together.

One of my favorite things to do is use software to try to improve digital photos. I use the open source application, The GIMP. It is similar to Photo Shop, but at a very attractive price, namely, free.

Thomas gave me permission to post an edit I made of his Castle Rothstein picture. I hope you all like it, especially you, Thomas. Thank you!

Tim

My God. I can not believe the talent that exists here. I am awed speechless.. completely without words. Some of you have so much talent it is heartbreaking! I am so priviliged to be here with you gents. Thank you for sharing. I will be looking at these over and over again.

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

One of my favorite things to do is use software to try to improve digital photos. I use the open source application, The GIMP. It is similar to Photo Shop, but at a very attractive price, namely, free.

Thomas gave me permission to post an edit I made of his Castle Rothstein picture. I hope you all like it, especially you, Thomas. Thank you!

Tim

Tim, you are a genius, the pic looks really, really great...
Keep up that great work...

Thomas

Tim

WOW! :001_wub: What a difference! I would want to live in that house/castle even in the old picture tho.... :001_wub: :smile:

Nice work everyone. (sorry I bailed on the thread, went out of town for a few days). Here are a few from my first official walkabout with my new DSLR:

proxy.php

proxy.php

nice kenneth

I'd post more, but my desktop computer's motherboard and RAM bit the dust after running nearly constant or 2 years. New parts are on route, should be an amazing computer.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I recently bequeathed my trusty old Rollei 3.5F Planar to a relative. Very sad to see it go, even though I hardly used it for quite some time. It should last another fifty years.:thumbup1:

I am seriously outclassed here. But this used to be a bit of a hobby of mine. Always film, never really felt like I had the money to invest in a good digital. And, by the same token, I have always used a Canon AE-1 or AE-1 Program. Yes, I have lost a few good shots to poor focus....

Unfortunately, I don't have that many scanned in, although if I ever get my film scanner hooked up, that may improve.

Here is a link to a ten year old webpage with some, though. (For the record, I am aware that some of these are crap).

These three are probably my favorites:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

-Mo

I am seriously outclassed here. But this used to be a bit of a hobby of mine. Always film, never really felt like I had the money to invest in a good digital. And, by the same token, I have always used a Canon AE-1 or AE-1 Program. Yes, I have lost a few good shots to poor focus....

Unfortunately, I don't have that many scanned in, although if I ever get my film scanner hooked up, that may improve.

Here is a link to a ten year old webpage with some, though. (For the record, I am aware that some of these are crap).

These three are probably my favorites:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

-Mo

Honey, I can't enter your website... it comes up, but the click to enter link doesn't work... I would have loved to have seen more of these!!

Bear Hugs,

Sue (Mama Bear)

Umm... hmm... Oh, I see. Click the text above the "click to enter". Yeah, I know.... Apparently I broke something at some point. I would try to fix it, but I don't think I actually have access to that space anymore.

-Mo

Edit: Btw, all the photos marked "Clover Hollow, Virginia" are from the family farm where I grew up.

Great photos everyone! I personally don't do much in post-processing, as I hardly have time. I either get it right or delete it, and hope I can try again. Here's some of mine that I enjoyed capturing...

Top Bottom