What's new

Phoenix Artisan "Aftershave & Cologne"

I have some samples of PAA's "Aftershave & Cologne" and am wondering whether they are meant to be used as a true "aftershave" intended to nourish and protect your skin after shaving, a "cologne", ie a fragrance, meant to provide a scent for a period of time, or a hybrid of both?
If designed for hybrid use how would you rate their aftershave qualities compared to other aftershaves?
Thanks all.

I have some Shave Chaser and actually just got Sacre Blue in the mail just now. I use it like any other aftershave. In my experience the scent lasts maybe a little longer than other aftershave but I don't find it to be an all day sort of lingering.

I've found that on my skin they tend to last a lot longer, sometimes a bit too long. I tend to use a bit less than I would other aftershaves to help with this.

I have some samples of PAA's "Aftershave & Cologne" and am wondering whether they are meant to be used as a true "aftershave" intended to nourish and protect your skin after shaving, a "cologne", ie a fragrance, meant to provide a scent for a period of time, or a hybrid of both?
If designed for hybrid use how would you rate their aftershave qualities compared to other aftershaves?
Thanks all.
I'd say their aftershave longevity is better than the average aftershave but just as an fyi P.A.A. does sell dedicated EDPs and solid colognes. Obviously the EDPs are stronger and will last longer.

I have also found that they last too long. They smell fine, but not as good as a quality edt. I used to chase long lasting aftershaves. I have since learned to stay away from them unless there is a matching quality edt. Mostly I like a fleeting scent on aftershave so I can apply as much as I want and it will not interfere with my choice of edt for that day.

Thanks all.
To more directly answer your question... Use their "Aftershave & Cologne" as you would any other aftershave.

If you'd like a longer lasting scent, use their dedicated EDTs.

I literally was about to post a thread with the exact question. I have my first PAA order on the way, Atomic Pumpkin, and was confused that the aftershave is listed as cologne as well. That's for clarifying this everyone!

You are going to love the Atomic Pumpkin set! Wonderful scent. The aftershave has the most burn of any I have (which is not a large collection, mind you).

Top Bottom