What's new

Perfection...Attainable or Unattainable?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I see a lot of guys looking for the perfect combination for the perfect shave. Some would say it is unattainable. Others say that you never know when you hit it because you keep searching.

I find myself in this quandry as I am trying out different soaps and creams. I have found that I can get great results with many combinations. I can't remember the movie I heard this in but it makes sense, "Perfection is a road, not a destination." So I have come to the conclusion that perfection is the road that we as wet shavers all travel.

If this is true, then I say, enjoy the journey, as we have already found perfection.

Where does the road end? :001_smile

Perfection is something that never can be reached and even if you think you have reached it, you will aim for more because more will become less over time. I consider perfection more to be a circle because of its never ending properties. :wink:

If perfection is a nick and irritation free BBS shave then most of us have achieved it. The trouble is though is we like to try new products; razors, blades, soaps, creams, etc. This leads to having to change techniques and routines where "perfection" is more difficult to reach.

It's be nice to be able to pick up any razor with any blade and get a bbs shave without thinking about it.

I think that perfection is attainable-however, my perfection may(will) be much different than the next man's. I love shaving with adjustables, but when I used my HD with a Feather Blade, I was re-introduced to perfection.

So it happens-we just have to recognize it when it does.

On to the next search! :biggrin:

Marty

htownmmm said:
I love shaving with adjustables, but when I used my HD with a Feather Blade, I was re-introduced to perfection.
I totally agree with you...
HD + Feather or Slant + Feather = close to perfection

Top Bottom