What's new

Pereira fake on Ali Express

There are other knock-offs that come out of that same country - shameless. Captain's Choice is on the left.

IMG_3025.jpeg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm always amazed at folks whose desire to conform leads them to support via purchase counterfeit items. A Fake says it all about one who purchases knockoffs, counterfeits, or in some cases so-called "homage" items which replicate on the cheap an item the original creator is still attempting to recoup his investment on ..

I wouldn't hit a dog in the behind with anything from a company like Yaqi, counterfeit or not.

Are they even fakes though?
as it looks like quite a classic design.
You could make something inspired by and give it your improving artisanal twist which is not a real issue.

Or it is done on a very old model no longer produced or patented that is borderline.

An all-most exact copy of a currently produced item just not the logo is in my opinion not ok.
In Pereira and captains case they even copy the interior ridging in detail.
And they could have given them an own Yaqi twist to stand out. Asians have some wonderfull ceramic skills so they could have done that with ease. Designs inspired by these but for instance celadon cracked glazing or more rice bowl style.
It surprised me they did not injection molded the pereira bowl since the original is polymer. Or do that with the travel version. Where the point of both is being unbreakable.

Last edited:
I'm always amazed at folks whose desire to conform leads them to support via purchase counterfeit items. A Fake says it all about one who purchases knockoffs, counterfeits, or in some cases so-called "homage" items which replicate on the cheap an item the original creator is still attempting to recoup his investment on ..

I wouldn't hit a dog in the behind with anything from a company like Yaqi, counterfeit or not.

Completely agree. To each their own of course, and I mean no offense to those on here that purchase such things, but I can't for the life of me understand purchasing chinese made trash like this, especially DE razors or brushes. Same goes to wherever that Global Shave Club junk is made.

Just to get the real one bought a pereira and no regrets 30 sec lather and a nice size compare to my trusty mortar

Attachments

• 4569DE3B-1477-4EFA-AEE0-7987840CAFED.jpeg
    4569DE3B-1477-4EFA-AEE0-7987840CAFED.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • F44F90AA-3369-4F98-8C33-13D9AF04A5DA.jpeg
    F44F90AA-3369-4F98-8C33-13D9AF04A5DA.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 06EAE650-E3ED-4E2E-A022-08FAEDFF9D06.jpeg
    06EAE650-E3ED-4E2E-A022-08FAEDFF9D06.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
Hmmm and there still is space for a captain copper, the heat retention of the pereira is as expected abysmal. Want a warm lather this one is not it. But it ticks all the other boxes easily. Pereira nice job.
now if someone designed a scuttle with thin structured metal inside and a strong plastic outside would be nice

Top Bottom