What's new

Penhaligon English Fern - Ultra Strong?

Bought this and Opus a few weeks ago and comparing the 2 the English Fern is way stronger, by a country mile.

Just checked the bottles, and they are BOTH Eau De Toilettes

I'm not worried about it, just curious to see if anyone elses experiences are the same?

I have only tried the Pens English Fern and I don't think it's super strong. I might not be the best judge, though. I have almost no colognes that last more than 4-5 hours on me.

No, its strong. You have to be careful in the application--I do anyways--or it is overwhelming to others throughout the day.

Bought this and Opus a few weeks ago and comparing the 2 the English Fern is way stronger, by a country mile.

Just checked the bottles, and they are BOTH Eau De Toilettes

I'm not worried about it, just curious to see if anyone elses experiences are the same?

Which one is your favourite?

I would say that EF comes across as stronger. It may be in part because EF has a "sharpness" to it, that Opus does not have. I get pretty good tenacity from both scents, but probably somewhat better tenacity from EF.

I like Opus. Such a nice cedar scent, but to me seems similar to lots of other scents. But EF is definitely one of my all time favorite scents, with few imitators, at least in 2010. Seems to me that this is classic fougere, and better than any current fern scents that I am aware of!

It is extra strong on me as well. I was glad I did not buy a full sized bottle. I enjoyed the scent as it is unique in a sense.

The duration has less to do with wether it's an EDC/EDT and more with what it's made of (vegetable, animal, synthetic etc).

EF is pretty tenacious for something that's made almost entirely from plant derivatives. I also wear vintage Crown Fougere and it's even stronger.

Top Bottom