What's new

Parker R73

Bought it last week but it has not arrived yet. I have never seen this model before. I didn't think Parker made an open comb. I have check the internet and it appears nobody else is selling it. Maybe its a prototype
:biggrin:

Sorry that I wasn't clear, but I was asking BoldSpice. He posted that he used one.

Parker 73R follow-up. I finally received this razor and tried it out using one of the unbranded blades it came with. I was told its a product of Israel so am I to assume a Crystal? The shave was very nice and close. There is a lot of blade exposure and its makes audible sounds while doing a pass. Whats interesting it has only 10 teeth instead of 11 or 12 normally found. The other point is Parker stopped making this razor about 3 years ago(from a reliable source) thats why they are hard to get. The blade sits in a groove like the old Gillettes so no blade movement. I am not sure if the razor is chrome or nickel but its finished pretty nicely.

Parker 73R follow-up. I finally received this razor and tried it out using one of the unbranded blades it came with. I was told its a product of Israel so am I to assume a Crystal? The shave was very nice and close. There is a lot of blade exposure and its makes audible sounds while doing a pass. Whats interesting it has only 10 teeth instead of 11 or 12 normally found. The other point is Parker stopped making this razor about 3 years ago(from a reliable source) thats why they are hard to get. The blade sits in a groove like the old Gillettes so no blade movement. I am not sure if the razor is chrome or nickel but its finished pretty nicely.

Can you compare this Parker to other OC's ?

I need to shave with it more to determine how aggressive it is and compared to other OC. One thing I do know it has a large blade exposure and it "sings"

R

rainman

The handle looks much longer in your photo than that websites. I see that the blade is in a slot like the NEW which what was what I expected. From the flat look of the bottom it looks more like a tuckaway look but with the teeth having more of a steep curve.

Yes it does have a slot that holds the blade. The handle is 4" and the head angle is very steep thus creating a large blade exposure. This razor cuts close
& I can compare it to a Progress at a high setting. I am not sure why Parker stopped making them. Shave Shack must have bought out all their stock because they seem to be the only ones selling them.

R

rainman

So it would be $31.05 total. Not bad considering thats about what parkers go for here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This razor shaves close I mean very close. The head is bent at a very steep angle and its open comb. Result a lot of blade exposure. Aggressive but smooth at the same time. Am I making sense. The build quality is not that good. Its seems to be a combination of nickel and chrome. The grip is great.
I paid only 9.99 Euros but there was shipping and I added a badger.

I would definitely recommend it if you can get it especially if you live in Europe.

Top Bottom