What's new

Parker Best Badger Brush

So I figured out what I am going to get my little brother for his birthday...or Christmas.. the events are only a week apart. I'm going to set him up with a shaving kit. Only problem is I have limited experience with brushes. I am using a Best badger from Parker and I love it but I lose a hair or two on each shave. Is this typical or did I get a bad brush. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U6P0NW/ I don't want to spend more than what I have spent on myself. Any of you got some brushes that are equivalent in price and feel/performance? Or should I go with the same brush again?

Everything else I am set on. I'll get a real kick out of this if he asks me to show him how. :001_tt2:

I also would appreciate hearing from experienced users of this brush, as I, too, was perusing Amazon for gift ideas...

Im sorry this went unanswered before.

I havent used that specific Parker brush, I used the faux tortoise one that was on Amazon (The user pics posted there are mine actually) for the money I believe the faux tortoise Parker brush to be outstanding for a beginner! And usually a few hairs lost each shave is typical. If its still shedding like crazy after two weeks, then theres an issue.

I guess mine has issues. :( After a month it is getting better, maybe 1 or 2 hairs a week instead of 2 or 3 hairs a shave. :)

The Duke 2 is a bit high.

Thoughts on the Omega 636?

I guess mine has issues. :( After a month it is getting better, maybe 1 or 2 hairs a week instead of 2 or 3 hairs a shave. :)

The Duke 2 is a bit high.

Thoughts on the Omega 636?

I'd look into this one. I had one and had given one to my brother--great brush with no issues.
Edwin Jagger 1ej947sds Traditional English Best Badger Hair Shaving Brush Faux Ivory Medium With Drip Stand, Ivory, Medium

Top Bottom