What's new

Page UP/DOWN arrows missing

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Is it just me or are the colored arrows that would appear in the lower right gone? Those beat the heck out of scrolling on my laptop.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I think these are what you are talking about..... (still there for me... obviously)
1653145430606.png

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If I sit in one spot for a few seconds, mine disappear - but as soon as I start scrolling they re-appear.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Right, that's how they were for me ... but now it's nothing. Nada.
Do the arrows show up if, instead of scrolling with the mouse, you use the up and down keyboard arrow keys?

Are you aware of anything that is different between now and when you know you saw them last?
Maybe some input issue from the mouse? Another USB device plugged in?

If you look at "Device Manager", are there any triangle notifications of an issue?
Image1.jpg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
There is something different here - there's a quasi-transparent empty pane like for an ad with an X button on it at the bottom of the screen - when I use the X the Up-Down Arrows reappear but then disappear

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Do the arrows show up if, instead of scrolling with the mouse, you use the up and down keyboard arrow keys?

Are you aware of anything that is different between now and when you know you saw them last?
Maybe some input issue from the mouse? Another USB device plugged in?

If you look at "Device Manager", are there any triangle notifications of an issue?
View attachment 1459575
Installed an adblocker last week.
I have no clue how to check Device Manager on my chromebook.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Installed an adblocker last week.
I have no clue how to check Device Manager on my chromebook.
I'm sorry, I just assumed you were using some type of Windows Bloatware like I do.
I have no clue about Chromebooks. I know that from the Home Screen you can access device management, but I'd wager that on a Chromebook "device" means connected devices like mobile phones etc, rather than hard drives, USB ports etc.

There is something different here - there's a quasi-transparent empty pane like for an ad with an X button on it at the bottom of the screen - when I use the X the Up-Down Arrows reappear but then disappear
I have been seeing the same thing for weeks. The quasi-transparent pane.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Best guess is that different platforms/browsers interpret script and display results in a particular way. What I see on Windows 10 Pro running on a PC is going to be different from an iPhone running Safari, an Android running Firefox, a Mac Running Opera, or a Chromebook running, well... Chrome.

I have that same pane on the bottom of my iPad. If I use Safari I can tap the x and the pane disappears and the scroll arrows appear. I use Duck Duck Go and I can tap the x but the pane doesn’t disappear and the scroll arrows don’t work.

I don’t like being tracked by the ad companies, including google, around the internet so I use Duck Duck Go. Ads I could live with but not being tracked. I’ve always thought that the failure of the the x to make the pane disappear using Duck Duck Go was the ad company’s programmed retaliation for my not letting them stalk me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have that same pane on the bottom of my iPad. If I use Safari I can tap the x and the pane disappears and the scroll arrows appear. I use Duck Duck Go and I can tap the x but the pane doesn’t disappear and the scroll arrows don’t work.

I don’t like being tracked by the ad companies, including google, around the internet so I use Duck Duck Go. Ads I could live with but not being tracked. I’ve always thought that the failure of the the x to make the pane disappear using Duck Duck Go was the ad company’s programmed retaliation for my not letting them stalk me.
I use Duck Duck Go on Android, and I have the arrows.

Top Bottom