What's new

Overstocking the pantry

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I am not overstocking the pantry. What I have is a lot of free food from Churches. I get so much food, that I can give away some to others. Some of it I give to cousin Diane. She then gives it her Amish friends in Tennessee.

There is more to give to my nearby friends.

We are not prepping - just overstocking the pantry. DW and I have decided that it is better to be safe than sorry and have started buying extra canned goods, shelf milk, canned meats, cereal, dry beans, etc... We hope food will be in the grocery stores and that it will continue to be safe enough to go the grocery store. If not, we will still be eating.

Anyone else doing this or similar?

I never considered us preppers however we are well prepared based on our buying routine. We've always bought staples on sale and stocked them deep. Then buy our produce & meat weekly and draw from the staples for the meals. (Some things like Italian sweet sausage & pork chops are bought on sale and frozen, potatoes & onions bought in bulk and replaced when gone.)

Doing so greatly reduced our overall food expenditures and simplifies marketing. You only fill in the gaps rather build up your baseline. That's what so many did back in March, ran to the stores and filled their carts with whatever they could grab onto. So this week a local discount chain had durum wheat Italian pastas in pound bags dated out to late 2021. These are brands I've bought before and they are excellent. Price was $1.00 each so I bought 15 lbs. worth. That's not prepping, it's this -

proxy.php

Top Bottom