What's new

Oumo SHD vs Maggards SHD

I have purchased 5 individual knots from Oumo in two purchases all SHD 2 band. The first purchase was nine months ago this was a 26 fan and bulb. The second purchased three months ago was one 26 fan and two 28 fans (Oumo called these knots Hooked tips). I also purchased four brushes recently 26 fan (27 1/2) and bulb and 28 fan (29 1/2) and bulb, all lofts are preset at 47 ½ even though the website states a loft of 50.

Of the first purchase of two knots, I put the 26 (27 1/2) fan into an Envy shave 8 ball handle, the loft is set at 50. This is a nice knot good density and backbone with soft tip presence a little more backbone then the complete fan brushes, both the Envy and the Oumo fan brushes display the same soft tip presence.

The Oumo 26 and 28 bulb brushes have good density with a little more backbone than the fans and display similar soft tip presence as the fan. The tip feel of both the fans and bulbs will get a little softer after 6-8 lathering.

Now when I make a comparison between the Oumo and Maggards SHD 26 and 28 knots with the Maggards set at 48, the Maggards density and backbone are very much the same, the Maggards tips though display a nicer, softer feel.

The second purchase of Oumo knots that they labeled “Hooked Tip” is on a whole other level knot, brush, I have nothing to compare them to. These knots are as distinctive as Simpson's Manchurian, Thater 2 band, meaning you know them when you use them. I put a 26 (27 1/2) and 28 (29 1/2) in handles set at a loft of 50. The compact density of this knot does not display a large spread, the spread is very moderate that gives it a wonderful medium/strong backbone with tips that have a unique tight density presence of Angel's hair, it is of another world, very distinctive.

When I recently purchased the four brushes from Oumo I thought the knots would be the same as the Hooked Tip knots, they weren't, their very nice (as described above) but not the same. As far as the handles are concerned they're ok on the small side. A positive the handle finish gives a nice grip when the handle is wet or soapy.

1 - Oumo 26 fan and bulb brushes (27 1/2 loft 47 1/2)
2 - Left Qumo brush 26 fan (27 1/2) loft 47 1/2 Right Oumo "Hooked tip" knot 26 fan (27 1/2) loft 50
3 - Top view L - Oumo SHD R - Hooked Tip
4 - Hooked Tip L - 26 (27 1/2) R - 28 (29 1/2) both set at 50
5 - Maggard 28 SHD (29 1/2) loft 48

Photos Vivian Maier
Oumo f b.jpg
Oumo knots.jpg
Oumo head.jpg
Oumo 1 & 2.jpg
Mag 28.jpg

Very beautiful
But can you link the website cause Google only points to davinci and there is no any knots just a few brushes which you also can buy from Amazon

Top Bottom