What's new

Ordering online

Lately I've been running out of tobacco left and right. After scouring the internet I've decided on C&D OJC, C&D Blockade runner, and Mac Baren navy flake. Unfortunately I have no experience with ordering pipe tobacco online, so I leave that to your expertise. So, where do you like to order your pipe tobacco? Who has the best shipping rates for smaller orders? Thanks for the help guys.

I like marscigars...good prices, flat shipping rate. Haven't ordered from them, but 4noggins is very well regarded. I don't like JR Cigars because their prices seem good, but I feel like I get burned on shipping.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Pipes & Cigars, Smoking Pipes, & Mars Cigars have always given me excellent service. 4Noggins has also been good for me, but I've heard some stories about Rich's service that makes me scratch my head.

I like marscigars...good prices, flat shipping rate. Haven't ordered from them, but 4noggins is very well regarded. I don't like JR Cigars because their prices seem good, but I feel like I get burned on shipping.
$5 seems reasonable to me. I just ordered from them today for the third time. Am a little bummed their Rattray's selections went up in price since had planned on getting three. I probably save money, since my other option has been smookingpipes and load up cart to get the free shipping on $95+.

JR has changed their shipping from a while back, it is now a flat $5.00 per order, they did away with that crappy $2.00 per item thing. They don't have the largest pipe tobacco selection out there, but if they have what you want, it's hard to beat their price. Keep in mind when I order pipe tobacco, it's usually enough that $5 shipping doesn't mean much. I also get a lot of my stuff from smokingpipes.com, which has free shipping on orders over $95.00.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
JR has changed their shipping from a while back, it is now a flat $5.00 per order, they did away with that crappy $2.00 per item thing. They don't have the largest pipe tobacco selection out there, but if they have what you want, it's hard to beat their price. Keep in mind when I order pipe tobacco, it's usually enough that $5 shipping doesn't mean much. I also get a lot of my stuff from smokingpipes.com, which has free shipping on orders over $95.00.
You want to hear something crazy? I took a tin off of my last order to get it under $100. At $100, I would get free UPS shipping, but if I took a tin off ($11), I would have that money for USPS priority ($12). So, I saved a day, and missed out on a tin, because I am so damn impatient :biggrin: I don't know, the thought of being eligible for free (UPS) shipping and foregoing that and spending $12 for priority just didn't set well with me.

4Noggins has also been good for me, but I've heard some stories about Rich's service that makes me scratch my head.

That's so strange. I have ordered from Rich several times in the past and have never had an issue with any of my orders. He even threw in a free sample of some Chipman Hill with my last order which is a terrific English blend.

In answer to the original question, I use pipesandcigars.com for nearly every order I place. Top notch people and service with a great selection. In the rare event that pipesandcigars.com doesn't have the tobacco I want, I order from smokingpipes.com

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Maybe a dumb question, but I'm new to this. Are there any B&B vendors I should favor? Sounds like the answer is no so far.

Top Bottom