What's new

Opinions on Reverse Calabash?

I ordered one around Christmas, partly for the looks (Bones clone) partly for the concept.

B265DCA5-282C-4DE9-8F63-8501AA68D9C4.jpeg

So it is draft hole —> expansion chamber —> mouthpiece with regular bore for a cooler, drier smoke.

Does it work as intended or is it one more gimmick? I rarely have troubles with excessive moisture/gargling yet I know that a Meer smokes inherently drier than a briar.

What are your experiences with this system?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Never tried one. Sounds like a chore to clean.

That said, it's maybe no more hassle than a Falcon. You just have to remove the stem instead of the bowl, in order to clean out the void.

I've only got one, but I really like it. It's definitely cooler smoking to a degree. There's usually some moisture left in the chamber after smoking, but I never notice it during the smoke. Cleaning is a joke. Pull off the stem, wad up some paper towel, wipe out the chamber, and let it dry. No harder than folding a pipe cleaner to wipe out the shank of a pipe.

Mine is a Laughing Moon briar, but my next meer will likely be a reverse calabash.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I think it works best if you think of it as filling the chamber with smoke, let it sit for a second, then fill your mouth with that smoke. When you take in the smoke the chamber refills, let it sit a bit, then draw it in. If you draw an amount larger than the chamber it’s almost the same as a regular pipe.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I've been wanting one of those in the billiard shape for a while! Seems as thought they have stopped offering them? I keep checking the website but there haven't been any new stock added in at least a year 😵

Really! They were always popular, doesnt make sense, maybe covid?

Top Bottom