What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Got a Palmolive stick today. It is two narrow for my twist up container as is La Troja. The Razorock stick is a bit too wide but ARKO is the Goldilocks of shave sticks so I’m definitely “sticking” with ARKO.

Arko has replaced Williams as my 'inexpensive' stand-by soap. For some reason Williams is not easy to get at a reasonable price where I live any more. As for the smell, I don't mind it at all. Generally, I don't worry about that sort of thing as I will use an aftershave at the end of my routine, which inevitably has some form of fragrance. As a man, I'm used to much more odious smells.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Arko has replaced Williams as my 'inexpensive' stand-by soap. For some reason Williams is not easy to get at a reasonable price where I live. As for the smell, I don't mind it at all. Generally, I don't worry about that sort of thing as I will use an aftershave when I am done shaving. As a man, I'm used to much more odious smells.
You did the right thing my son.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I believe there should be a “Dear Arko” thread where people could write with questions about their problems with other soaps as Arko is all knowing.
Dear Arko
It's not me, it's you. I wanted to like you and I know some people just see you as a cheap date. I love the way you just know what to do with your no nonsense approach, but I just can't live with your smell. I'm sorry but you just remind me of every pub urinal I've ever been in and I just can't take it any more and I think it would be best if we took a break from eachother.

Dear Arko
It's not me, it's you. I wanted to like you and I know some people just see you as a cheap date. I love the way you just know what to do with your no nonsense approach, but I just can't live with your smell. I'm sorry but you just remind me of every pub urinal I've ever been in and I just can't take it any more and I think it would be best if we took a break from eachother.
There is a large group of people who experience Arko ranging from mildly pleasant to mildly unpleasant.

There is a small group outside this range that experiences Arko as a highly specific toxic waste that belongs no where near their faces.

Each group has super smellers and we the more commonly olfactory refined and less particular.

It is obvious what this is.

We, the normal, pity you for your mutation, and we accept that with it will come some acting out in your shame at your disfigurement.

Good news. A therapy exists called Clockwork Arko. Let us know when you are ready for your treatment.

proxy.php

May seem scary, but take a second to appreciate the smooth shave on Malcolm McDowell.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oh, maaaann. Now we gotta get the environmental cleanup guys. And notify NOAA, and the CDC, and the EPA, and the FDA, and OSHA, and the SPCA, and the Red Cross. Probably the FBI and the CIA. Sheesh! :001_unsur
No worry, we Arkonauts have plenty in reserve to replenish any brothers misfortunes at a moments notice. We are a self insured group of Connoisseurs.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
There is a large group of people who experience Arko ranging from mildly pleasant to mildly unpleasant.

There is a small group outside this range that experiences Arko as a highly specific toxic waste that belongs no where near their faces.

Each group has super smellers and we the more commonly olfactory refined and less particular.

It is obvious what this is.

We, the normal, pity you for your mutation, and we accept that with it will come some acting out in your shame at your disfigurement.

Good news. A therapy exists called Clockwork Arko. Let us know when you are ready for your treatment.

proxy.php

May seem scary, but take a second to appreciate the smooth shave on Malcolm McDowell.
If that's what it takes to be "normal" I'll stay weird. When do you start chanting "One of us"?

In about a month I will have finished my first stick of Arko!
I am very much looking forward to opening the second stick and using it.
I will then have one stick of Arko! left.

After I have used the third stick I will order some more Arko!
I will buy a whole box of it. The red box will cheer me, and will be an attractive and tasteful storage container for my new sticks of Arko!

From now on I will be typing Arko! with an exclamation mark.
No one can stop me typing Arko! in that style. It seems somehow right and proper. It would look good on the sticks and bowls too. It is bold and confident, as is Arko! itself.

Some may disagree with this labelling change however. I would welcome opinions on this.

I love Arko! and I love Big Nurse, but the latter point is irrelevant to this thread.

Last edited:
In about a month I will have finished my first stick of Arko!
I am very much looking forward to opening the second stick and using it.
I will then have one stick of Arko! left.

After I have used the third stick I will order some more Arko!
I will buy a whole box of it. The red box will cheer me, and will be an attractive and tasteful storage container for my new sticks of Arko!

From now on I will be typing Arko! with an exclamation mark.
No one can stop me typing Arko! in that style. It seems somehow right and proper. It would look good on the sticks and bowls too. It is bold and confident, as is Arko! itself.

Some may disagree with this labelling change however. I would welcome opinions on this.

I love Arko! and I love Big Nurse, but the latter point is irrelevant to this thread.
Or you could type ¡Arko! for that international flair! :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom