What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
People are desperate to open up on this topic, that has for too long been considered taboo. The loneliness and the sickly silence end here, my friend. This thread is a testimony to the need for communication, truth, and reconciliation.
The floodgates have opened and the opinions pour forth like the water that washes the Arko lather from your face. Never again will we have to hide our opinions on the scent of Arko

I have almost only ever used Arko since I started D/E shaving in August. I shave 4-5 times a week.

I bought 3 sticks off of Amazon for £2.49 with free postage. I am half way though the first stick.

I have a nice tub of Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream, part of a wonderful PIF, but I am scared to use it much as I am a very simple man.

I can attest to the usefulness of Arko when shaving outdoors, as it completely eliminated mosquito and gnat bites.

Mrs. Ladd has voiced no opposition or aversion to my use of Arko up to the time of writing. She did mention that it smelt a bit like artificial lemon extract as used in some cooking. I found this a very moving and supportive comment.

Also, Arko spelled backwards is Okra.

It is possible that Arko may be used as a word in Scrabble, but I have not checked that.

Last edited:
When you're living in Europe you often have trouble with plagues of vampires. I myself was attacked recently while travelling to my village with a wagon load of Arko. Suddenly my horse reared as a dark, hooded figure approached, coiled and purposeful, like a snake about to strike.

It's strange how you react in a crisis, when you're facing some terrible danger and have to think on your feet. I'll never be able to explain it but I swear I heard a voice speak calmly and clearly inside my head: "although Arko is a hard soap it can readily be reformed by hand".

Quick as a flash I knew what I had to do. While the vampire threw back his hood and laughed demonically (really they're such awful drama queens..) I had time to make a cross out of holy Arko and thrust it in his face. The foul creature screamed and turned into a bat, I guess in order to escape, but after only a few yards the bat fell motionless to the ground.

Alas, this is not the end of the tale for he was only stunned. My ordeal was to continue through the night.

To pass the time between attacks I also made an Arko swan, a life-size nativity scene, and a tableua tabluea tableau of the Last Supper. Each form seemed to deter the vampire just as effectively as a cross due to some hitherto unknown property of this fine soap.

Now I now what you're thinking. What does this tale of bravery and flash-sculpting against impossible odds have to do with me? Well next time you're shaving look carefully in the mirror. Is there a vampire behind you? No? Are you certain? Remember these fiends from hell don't cast a reflection...

One of their favorite times to attack is when you're shaving. Normally, there is no defense but I can honestly say I've never been attacked by a vampire during an Arko shave.

This is another post
This is SPAM.

I enjoy SPAM sliced and baked in the oven. I have it with mashed potatoes and marrowfat peas, a canned delicacy that our colleagues from The United States may be unfamiliar with.

SPAM is arguably another 'controversial' product. It has it's devotees and detractors.

I enjoy SPAM, and I very happy with the consistently rich and slick lather that Arko produces. Both reliable products.

I say 'Yes' to Arko, in terms of economy, performance and it's inoffensive scent.

I say 'Yes' to SPAM, in terms of versatility and taste. Although SPAM is no longer as economical as it was.

SPAM spelled backwards is MAPS.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have almost only ever used Arko since I started D/E shaving in August. I shave 4-5 times a week.

Mrs. Ladd has voiced no opposition or aversion to my use of Arko up to the time of writing. She did mention that it smelt a bit like artificial lemon extract as used in some cooking. I found this a very moving and supportive comment.
Hey! @Owen Bawn !!!

*Looks like we've got a live one!*

Top Bottom