What's new

On the road for a week with a Gillette Guard

I spent the Thanksgiving holidays in Orlando, flying from Huntsville AL. I took a Gillette Guard razor($2 at WSC) and a La Toja stick. I also threw an old Super Speed Flair in my carry on to see if it would be noticed. It was not. Using my usual cold water face lathering routine, I got nice BBS shaves on 4 consecutive days. Really clever razor! It's very light with a long handle, swivel head, and short open comb design. The Gillette people are not stupid. The Guard is a good choice for a travel razor or for shaving the back of your neck in the shower. However, don't misunderstand me. This old guy will have to have his slant taken from his dead cold hand.

Gus/B.O.S.S/BOTOC/Arkolyte

Last edited:
I spent the Thanksgiving holidays in Orlando, flying from Huntsville AL. I took a Gillette Guard razor($2 at WSC) and a La Toja stick. I also threw an old Super Speed Flair in my carry on to see if it would be noticed. It was not. Using my usual cold water face lathering routine, I got nice BBS shaves on 4 consecutive days. Really clever razor! It's very light with a long handle, swivel head, and short open comb design. The Gillette people are not stupid. The Guard is a good choice for a travel razor or for shaving the back of your neck in the shower. However, don't misunderstand me. This old guy will have to have his slant taken from his dead cold hand.

Gus/B.O.S.S/BOTOC/Arkolyte
Guard instead of Guardian in thread title. Sorry

Top Bottom