What's new

Omega x MoonSWATCH

I bought a different version of the Spoedmaster almost 10 years ago after looking at the then called Speedmaster Professional for about 10 years. When it came down to finally pulling the trigger, I preferred my model because of the COSC certified automatic chronometer movement, the sapphire crystal, the date and the 40mm size which better fits my wrist. Saving almost $1,000 was a bonus.

What I did not do was buy a knockoff as I believe patronizing those who steal intellectual property is wrong. Swatch is not stealing Omega property and I would have no objection to buying one or seeing others buy one. It isn’t in my future as I am happy with what I have.
image.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is the watch I should not love, but I do.
And I will be getting one, if possible.
And if the band will fit my big wrist size.
Well, I got skinny little girl with scurvy wrists, and I am looking for one!

I'll make a strap outta Duct tape if'n I gotta!

Thinking about buying 1, the Moon or Mercury mission.
How is the quality of these watches? €260 is a lot of money for a swatch, you can have a Seiko chronograph for less.
How is the strap? Not to bulky?

Thinking about buying 1, the Moon or Mercury mission.
How is the quality of these watches? €260 is a lot of money for a swatch, you can have a Seiko chronograph for less.
How is the strap? Not to bulky?
Definitely not a daily beater but fine for occasional wear. The strap, while not bulky, will deteriorate pretty fast but can be changed (regular springbars) to anything you like. This is not so on the Scuba Fifty Fathoms.

358322EC-3B89-420A-B78D-446359E77EAA.jpeg

Reactions: abj
Thx, I think I go to visit the swatch store this week.
About the Fifty Fathoms scuba, according to the swatch site it has a nato strap, so I guess you can change it

Last edited:
Thx, I think I go to visit the swatch store this week.
About the fifty Fathoms scuba, according to the swatch site it has a nato strap, so I guess you can change it
Yes, but there are no springbars and what they have used instead looks like press fitted into the case so you can only use Nato straps.

4E6B1C2E-6D52-40FE-8A62-80C1FC513F7C.jpeg

Reactions: abj
Might it use some type spring bar inside a sleeve? It is hard to tell from the photo, but looks like the case might have drilled lugs, and use some fancy smooth pins rather than a more basic fat springbar?
I have to get my loupe out to see the head but it’s either a hex or a torx. Still nobody in the shop could tell me if it is permanent or not. The case looks/feels rather brittle so I don’t want to monkey around with it for the time being.

Might it use some type spring bar inside a sleeve? It is hard to tell from the photo, but looks like the case might have drilled lugs, and use some fancy smooth pins rather than a more basic fat springbar?
I just watched a vid by Horus watch straps. It’s a two part construction that needs two fitting Allen wrenches to make it work. Looks fiddly but doable. Now to find the right size…

Top Bottom