What's new

Oktoberfest Beers

Great Lakes Brewery has a wonderful Oktoberfest brew which I have enjoyed the last 2 weekends-it is most definately one of my favorites from Great Lakes.

My favorite:

proxy.php

Weihenstephaner
Weihenstephaner makes a damn fine beer, and I really like their Octoberfest. Sam Adams octoberfest is quite good. In fact it's the only Sam Adams I have tried that I really enjoyed thus far.

+1 on the Paulaner, and the Spaten is great too. If you can get it St. Arnold's in Houston has a truly great Oktoberfest.

In your neck of the woods, check out Clipper City's "Prosit." And I hope you have tickets for the event--the website says it's sold out:

These are all great--Spaten and Hofbrau are my favorites, I love the clean, crisp bite that these pack!

On a separate note--I tried a pumpkin beer as recommended by my local beer store guru--bought a 6 pack, and 4 of those are still in the basement refrigerator. Not so good in my opinion.

Last edited:
I've only had one pumpkin brew I found to be tasty, most were so over hopped and out of balance to compensate for the lack of any real flavor I poured them. Unfortunately I can't remember what the one I liked was :blushing:

Though some beers that add pumpkin spice can be quite good.

These are all great--Spaten and Hofbrau are my favorites, I love the clean, crisp bite that these pack!

On a separate note--I tried a pumpkin beer as recommended by my local beer store guru--bought a 6 pack, and 4 of those are still in the basement refrigerator. Not so good in my opinion.

I want your beer!!

I went to Total Beverage last night and they had a ton of pumpkin beers, lots of different varieties from spiced with this and that, almost seems a little gimmicky. I bought a couple singles to make my own six pack that I plan on trying today while watching football.

What beers did you try this weekend?

I ended up getting a 12 pack of my Sam Adams Oktober Fest. As for trying something new, I went with a 6-pack of Hacker-Pschorr. Not bad, my palate is still trying to figure out the tastes. I will report back after the second one. :001_smile

Top Bottom