What's new

OK Here we Go...The NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup!!!

Miscellaneous ramblings:

1. Vanek, Connolly, and Boyes are about due for some hot sticks. As long as Miller plays at about the level he has been playing the whole series, you might just be one of the few people leaving that game with a smile on your face.

2. I remember Boucher stole the series against Buffalo in the 1999-2000 playoffs; better not happen again.

3. I like Boyes.

Miscellaneous ramblings:

1. Vanek, Connolly, and Boyes are about due for some hot sticks. As long as Miller plays at about the level he has been playing the whole series, you might just be one of the few people leaving that game with a smile on your face.

2. I remember Boucher stole the series against Buffalo in the 1999-2000 playoffs; better not happen again.

3. I like Boyes.

Boucher has definitely come up big in the past. He's one of those guys who can get hot and ride it, but never seems to be able to sustain excellent play for more than a few weeks.

+1 on Boyes. Nice player. I really liked him on the Bruins.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought this game was going to haunt my dreams after the way MON smacked around BOS in the first 30 minutes.

Wow. Great game.

Blacked out in Cleveland (since permafrost, steel workers, bad attitudes, and a perverse love of collision sports don't equate to profitable hockey, allegedly), I will find this game online.

The closest NHL cities when I was growing up were Pittsburgh and Detroit. At the time, the Browns/Steelers rivalry was 2 sided (that's all I have to say about that), so the idea of rooting for the Pens was thrown out the window. I became a Wings fan when the natives referred to them as the Dead Things. Since I grew up and learned some history, I have a huge respect for Original Six teams. I love all hockey in general, but watching Bruins/Habs is awesome.

Side note, go Monsters! It figures that Cleveland gets a minor league team 4 years ago, and it is the farm team for the Avalanche. I will never forget McCarty pummeling C. Lemieux. I bought two Monsters Jersies and had to remove the Av's patch.

The Blackhawks destroyed Vancouver for the second straight game. Tonight it was 5-0. Luongo was chased out of the game again. The Blackhawks have scored 12 goals in two games against Vancouver's 2 (one of which was a late game garbage goal). Will Luongo be benched? Do the Hawks even it up at 3 games a piece? The momentum has shifted in this series big time. I hope the Hawks can do it, but it's still a big up hill climb. Not to get ahead of myself here, but if Vancouver loses this series, I think there will be some major changes to the team. Three straight playoff losses to the Blackhawks and an epic collapse in this series would crush the Canuck fanbase.

Miscellaneous ramblings:

3. I like Boyes.

They are about due to light it up, but unfortunately Buffalo has been getting outworked most of the series, their only saving grace is Miller who happens to be a lot like Boucher. He'll either stand on his head or let in soft goals, and I don't think he can carry Buffalo all alone. Should be a heck of a game tonight, in a rocking arena.

Vancouver looks like they're about ready to complete their annual playoff choke.

I still think Vancouver's going to come through in 6. I'm going to guess, Luongo's going to start again. They'll temper him with fire. Schneider's been a very nice backup option, but he's essentially a rookie. Gotta live and die by BobbyLu.

Dear the rest of the Western Conference,

Please continue to beat up on one another and drag these series out.

Sincerely,
The Detroit Red Wings who got to sleep in today.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought this game was going to haunt my dreams after the way MON smacked around BOS in the first 30 minutes.

Wow. Great game.

I'd say! Nice and fast paced, lots of energy, refs seemed willing to let them just play... excellent game. :thumbup1:

Dear the rest of the Western Conference,

Please continue to beat up on one another and drag these series out.

Sincerely,
The Detroit Red Wings who got to sleep in today.

I just hope the rest doesn't kill any momentum we have from sweeping the 'Yotes.

Still I wouldn't mind watching Vancouver and Chicago beat up on one another.

And the Sharks? Pfft, they're cursed. They may make it to the next round, but that's it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
The Blackhawks destroyed Vancouver for the second straight game. Tonight it was 5-0. Luongo was chased out of the game again. The Blackhawks have scored 12 goals in two games against Vancouver's 2 (one of which was a late game garbage goal). Will Luongo be benched? Do the Hawks even it up at 3 games a piece? The momentum has shifted in this series big time. I hope the Hawks can do it, but it's still a big up hill climb. Not to get ahead of myself here, but if Vancouver loses this series, I think there will be some major changes to the team. Three straight playoff losses to the Blackhawks and an epic collapse in this series would crush the Canuck fanbase.

I think Torres is the best thing that has happened to them. It made them start playing hockey. The Hawks are pissed, Bolland is in the Sedins head, Hossa scored two goals. Can they win two more before running out of gas.........it will be tough but...........I aint givin up!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Returned safely from the Flyers / Sabres game last night. Wore a Sabres t-shirt, but had it covered until OT. Got some abuse leaving the game, but nothing terrible.

Waiting for the Pens to mount their comeback...they only trail 7-0 right now. Hmmm...maybe they should pull the goalie, there's still 14 minutes left. OH WAIT....now it's 7-1....woo!

Awful showing, fellas.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Waiting for the Pens to mount their comeback...they only trail 7-0 right now. Hmmm...maybe they should pull the goalie, there's still 14 minutes left. OH WAIT....now it's 7-1....woo!

Awful showing, fellas.

That was a stinker - I turned it on CBC during the third & just saw the Pens goal - Ron MacLean was saying something bout "penguins first goal by ... ". I figured it for a tight game until they came back from the commercial :lol:. Telling was the shot of Cyndy Crosby in the booth - laughing about something, perhaps that he wasn't in it & therefore it wasn't his fault.

Top Bottom