What's new

Nighttime face Routine - What do you do?

If you are not a nighttime wet shaver, what do you do to care for your face before bed? clean? wash? moisturize? exfoliate? Lotion? serum?

I have been using Thayers witch hazel and a cotton ball to clean my face before bed, but thats it. I have recently ordered up some serum, as I heard that its really good for your skin. Not sure however if I can use it after the thayers though. face tightener and all. Have to think that through. I could switch to a good face cleaner, then the serum. hmm.

Really just curious to hear what your routines are and what products you guys use, and what you've found that you really like.

My morning routine involves a light face scrub, so I'll be avoiding that element at night.

I'd like to do what is best for the skin, but try to keep it fairly simple. What Say You Wetshavers?!

I either have a shower and use a Dr Keils face wash or I dont have a shower and just dive in bed much to the dismay of the mrs.

I keep things pretty simple. I use the same body soap that I use for everything but shaving, Dr. Bronner's Unscented, and give my face a wash in cold water after brushing my teeth. Then I put on a little bit of CeraVe (in the tub) moisturizing cream and I'm done. CeraVe is the same stuff I use after I finish shaving and splashing on aftershave in the morning too -- keeps my face from drying out.

One thing I never, ever, ever do is exfoliate. Exfoliation is the kind of thing you need to do when you DON'T shave every day, but shaving itself does more than enough raw physical exfoliation between the brush and the razor and the harsh basic pH soap. Anything extra would just be rubbing your face raw (or burning it raw in the case of chemical exfoliators).

Kiehls Oil Eliminator face wash and Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel. I have very oily skin prone to breakouts and ingrowns, but these 2 products seem to be working well for me. I may switch to something milder in the winter though.

At night I use the Oil Cleansing method; followed by 3 hot towel treatments; followed by 1 cool water towel treatment
Lastly I use Olay regenerist night cream

what is the oil cleansing method? I shall look that up. I'd skip the the towel process though.. too time consuming.

I use real shaving brands face scrub, it's really great, exfoliates, and has a great smell. I finish it off with witch hazel.

Clean my teeth, flos and rinse with salt water. 3P post shave cream, bay rum hair tonic. Comb through. into bed. Works for me.

Top Bottom