What's new

NFL 2021 season

And don't forget Earl Campbell, one of the most enjoyable running backs to watch of all time. What a bad dude....

FWIW as a native Tennessean, I would have been happy for the franchise to have kept the Oilers name and logo. I always thought it worked just fine for Tennesee or Texas, and for the first two seasons they did. In 1997 the Tennesse Oilers were based in Nashville but played the home games down the road in Memphis at the old Liberty Bowl. I went one Sunday afternoon and watched them lose in the rain to conference rival Jacksonville. Then in 1998 they played home games at Vanderbilt stadium. I went to three games that season. For a game against the Bengals I bought tickets off the street for $5. Imagine seeing an NFL game for $5. When they played conference rival Pittsburgh, there were more Steelers fans than home fans.

proxy.php

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Tom Brady won the Super Bowl in Tampa last year, and he beat the Patriots a month ago, but ever since he left New England I've felt that Belichick was playing the long game, and playing it to win. Watching the Pats the past couple of weeks I think I'm correct. The Patriots will win another Super Bowl between now and 2024.

Belichick's genius is in assessing his talent, figuring out what individual players do best, and then devising a system so that their strengths can be maximized. He's just figuring out what Jones' skill set looks like, and is designing an offense around those skills.

This happened in Week 9 (a week ago), but it was interesting to see two men named Josh Allen face off on opposite sides of the ball. Where the defensive Josh Allen was able to sack, intercept, and recover a fumble made by quarterback Josh Allen. And to somewhat echo that only Field Goals were scored 3 FG by the Jaguars vs 2 FG by the Bills.

Owen Bawn

Sad to see Matt Ryan get shut out but at the same time I'm thrilled that the Pats shut out the Falcons. The Patriots are a playoff team, and judging by the way the defense has dominated their opponents the last 3 weeks they may be able to make a deep run in the postseason. They've given up a combined total of 13 points in the last 3 games.

I love the fact that Roger Goodell (and most of America) can't stand the idea that Belichick might not only survive the loss of Brady but that he might continue to dominate without him. Nothing makes Bostonians as happy as we are when we get to jam our thumbs into someone's eyes.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Sad to see Matt Ryan get shut out but at the same time I'm thrilled that the Pats shut out the Falcons. The Patriots are a playoff team, and judging by the way the defense has dominated their opponents the last 3 weeks they may be able to make a deep run in the postseason. They've given up a combined total of 13 points in the last 3 games.

I love the fact that Roger Goodell (and most of America) can't stand the idea that Belichick might not only survive the loss of Brady but that he might continue to dominate without him. Nothing makes Bostonians as happy as we are when we get to jam our thumbs into someone's eyes.
Most of America is tired of seeing Belichick in the playoffs.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I met quite a few folks from Massachusetts during Spring training, my folks stayed in Winter Haven. Dad of course loved mixing it up with them, being born and bred in DEETROIT. We'd go and argue with them. 1985 was fun, lol!

I remember reading a biography of my Dad's hero, Ted Williams. He got mad at the fans for something and never acknowledged them again. Maybe his last game?

Boston is a ROUGH crowd.

Owen Bawn

Here's a really cool Michigan story for @FarmerTan on a day when we all are saddened by the shooting that happened yesterday at a high school in the Detroit suburbs.

A high school freshman basketball player at Notre Dame Marist HS was setting up a group call with his teammates and he dialed the wrong number, and the whole team ended up on a FaceTime chat with the TB Buccaneers.
‘What’s up, fellas?’: Tom Brady, Bucs drop in on a high school basketball team’s group chat - The Boston Globe - https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/01/lifestyle/whats-up-fellas-tom-brady-bucs-drop-high-school-basketball-teams-group-chat/

With video...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Here's a really cool Michigan story for @FarmerTan on a day when we all are saddened by the shooting that happened yesterday at a high school in the Detroit suburbs.

A high school freshman basketball player at Notre Dame Marist HS was setting up a group call with his teammates and he dialed the wrong number, and the whole team ended up on a FaceTime chat with the TB Buccaneers.
‘What’s up, fellas?’: Tom Brady, Bucs drop in on a high school basketball team’s group chat - The Boston Globe - https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/01/lifestyle/whats-up-fellas-tom-brady-bucs-drop-high-school-basketball-teams-group-chat/

With video...
THANK you my friend.

Have not yet read the story. I'm off to a doctor appointment.

But the shooting hit too close to home, as a shirt tail relative works and has children in the skool system.

With video...
Thanks for posting. This made my day.

Owen Bawn

Belichick is deep in the Bills' heads. So funny. Buffalo's reign in the AFC East lasted 10 months. It took Bill 1 year to rebuild. 3 passes all night last night. He literally bullied the Bills. Like seeing a kid's face pushed into a pile of dry white dog poop in the school yard. I hate bullies, but I love this.

There was a LOT of bad football played yesterday. Patriots were atrocious, Rams blew a 17 point lead and what is with the Chargers?

I would have love to see the Pats go into Cincinnati, they would have won that game. They're not beating the Bills. There should never be night games played in Buffalo in January.

Miami made a terrible decision firing Flores. Who out there would be better?

There was a LOT of bad football played yesterday. Patriots were atrocious, Rams blew a 17 point lead and what is with the Chargers?

I would have love to see the Pats go into Cincinnati, they would have won that game. They're not beating the Bills. There should never be night games played in Buffalo in January.

Miami made a terrible decision firing Flores. Who out there would be better?
I drank myself silly during/after that Chargers game. Was talking and texting with several buddies beforehand, and each one said We know what's going to happen, why even bother to watch... another frustrating day to be a fan.

The Chargers vs Raiders game was entertaining as they got 15 points down. I watched the game highlights today online, where the Chargers converted a number of 4th downs by the skin of their teeth and amazingly were able to get into overtime. But ran out of magic in the end.

I dont watch a great deal of regular season NFL games, maybe a handful of games during the entire season. I do often watch the Playoffs if time permits. So my reference point is based entirely on the last few weeks. I have to say I was surprised to see how far down Belichick and the Patriots have fallen. It appears both the Bills and Chiefs are going to keep the Patriots from going deep into the post season for years to come. The Patriots team I saw get dismantled by the Bills looked very average and unprepared.

News today is that Brady IS retiring. Brady joins Ben R, Brees & maybe Rodgers. End of an era. I used to be a huge football fan from the early 60s until retirement 10+ years ago. Games got too long with commercials and interruptions, announcers got lame and players got too self-absorbed. Although I probably haven't watched 15 minutes of the NFL in years, I still followed some teams and rooted for certain players. No longer.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
News today is that Brady IS retiring. Brady joins Ben R, Brees & maybe Rodgers. End of an era. I used to be a huge football fan from the early 60s until retirement 10+ years ago. Games got too long with commercials and interruptions, announcers got lame and players got too self-absorbed. Although I probably haven't watched 15 minutes of the NFL in years, I still followed some teams and rooted for certain players. No longer.
Yup — as a Steelers fan, I hated Brady for obvious reasons. But he is without question the GOAT. I respect that.

Top Bottom