What's new

New to the cologne world: When and where to use?

Hey everybody,

Lets just say the change to wet shaving has allowed me to branch out. Before starting wet shaving I used cheaper fragrances that were often given to me as presents. Fragrances such as True Religion Drifter, the dreaded Rue 21 Carbon Black, and Old Spice. Now that I have started lurking around I got 6 samples of Creed in 3ml sprayers from decantshop.com. They threw in an extra one with my order

I got:
CREED Green Irish Tweed
CREED Tabarome
CREED Aventu
CREED Virgin Island Water
CREED Himalaya
CREED Royal Water

Now that I will have some nicer cologne when would you suggest I try each one out?

Green Irish Tweet for when you're having dinner with the president or your CEO pals.

Aventus for when you're just going out to have a great time with some pals.

Himalaya if you're trying to court the fairer sex, so to speak.

That is my personal opinion on the three that I own that you listed.

Virgin island water: definitely try it out on a hot summer weekend. Wear it during the day.
Green Irish Tweed, Aventus, Royal Water: Any time, anywhere..
Himalaya: Perfect for weekend nights.
Tabarome: I recommend wearing this one on cooler days.

GIT- a great every day scent. Good for work. My wife loves this one.
Aventus- I like this on weekends and nights out. I wore it to breakfast at a Waffle House a couple weeks ago, and the waitress brought all the girls working over to smell me. It is the one I wear when I want to be noticed.
Royal Water- it is my favorite when going casual on a hot summer day.

Aventus is a fragrance that can really be worn anytime, anywhere. It's equally suitable for the office, a nightclub, or a trip to the grocery store. It projects well and gets compliments.

Green Irish Tweed is more of a formal/power scent. Good for wearing to work. It's also pretty flexible, IMO, though I probably wouldn't wear it on a date, as it's too tame for that.

Tabarome Millesime -a scent I like, but I haven't worn it enough to really get a good idea about where it shines. I'd probably wear this when going out for a drink with some friends. Doesn't get the almost universal acclaim that Aventus and GIT get, so it's better when you want to fly under the radar.

I have bottles of GIT and Aventus. GIT is a very nice work scent and one that I really like. However, I have received the most compliments when wearing Aventus. One day recently, three different women complimented me on how nice I smelled while wearing Aventus. I now use it in regularly in my rotation.

Now that I will have some nicer cologne when would you suggest I try each one out?

Try them all out and then you'll get a feel of the situations and climates you think they are best in. Then you can, IMO, experiment with them and "push their boundaries"; wear one that you feel is more "formal" in a "casual" setting and vice versa. You may be surprised...

I just tried the GIT and the lady friend loved it. When we went out for dinner the waitstaff complimented the scent. Two thumbs up for GIT. ON to the next scent. I think I will try out Virgin Island Water for my day on the lake on Saturday. Seems like it would fit well.

I just tried the GIT and the lady friend loved it. When we went out for dinner the waitstaff complimented the scent. Two thumbs up for GIT. ON to the next scent. I think I will try out Virgin Island Water for my day on the lake on Saturday. Seems like it would fit well.

I think you are on the right track my friend :)

GIT is just a perfect scent for pretty much any occasion. It is a compliment getter indeed.

I think you will be very impressed with VIW too since you are wearing it for the perfect event. Lets just hope the weather will be nice.

Tried the Virgin Island yesterday and Aventeus today. Not a huge fan of the VIW. I think the coconut notes are a tad bit to feminine for my liking. Loved the Aventeus, but still GIT is my favorite.

Thanks guys. I blame this thread for making me order samples of Aventus and Green Irish Tweed when I need to be blowing more money on shaving cream.

Top Bottom