What's new

New Proraso pre/post.

Let me start buy saying I do not use this as a pre, tried that once and from then on only used it as a post.

I have used the pre/post for over 15 years as a post and found it great, added that little bit of cooling and moisture.

The new one is nothing like the old one!

Watery and soft in texture and doesn't seem to absorb well into the skin. I actually found about a tablespoon of water that I was able to tip out of the tub. The big suprise is I find it vey drying, no moisture at all after 5 minutes.

The scent is different and I also find it a little less willing to smooth out, sort of like it's a bit lumpy.

I really don't have anything positive to say about it as a post.

A big dissapointment for me.

I really don't have anything positive to say about it as a post.

I know a lot of shops got this wrong and still sell it as pre/post, but in the reformulation Proraso separated pre- and post-products. There is no pre/post-cream, there is pre-cream in the glass jar and aftershave balm (and splash, unrelated in this case) in glass bottles. So I wouldn't suggest it as a post-treatment in any case. :001_smile

I know a lot of shops got this wrong and still sell it as pre/post, but in the reformulation Proraso separated pre- and post-products. There is no pre/post-cream, there is pre-cream in the glass jar and aftershave balm (and splash, unrelated in this case) in glass bottles. So I wouldn't suggest it as a post-treatment in any case. :001_smile

I read somewhere before that even the old formula was only meant to be used as a pre, however many still used it as a post with great results.

I picked up a small jar of the new pre/post after waiting patiently to use up what I had of the old. Texture wise I find the new is softer than the old which makes it a little easier to use, I did not find any seperation or water in my jar. A little goes a long way with this product and I like to use it both before and after my shave. The menthol zip is still there, and if you suffer from sensitive skin or a slightly irritated face from getting to close the day before this will definitely help. I also like to use this post shave on my neck where I am prone to get some ingrowns due to a few stubborn spots, either way, before or after, I find the new product to be pretty much equal and slightly better than the old. Too bad it's not working for you.

I bought two jars of the new formula and it's OK. I still get good results but as I've posted in another thread, I've just picked up some Noxema. The consistency is the same as the old formula, and the performance is just as good, if not a little better. This is for pre-treatment, of course, not post. I've never used it, nor the Proraso, for post shave. I use aftershave instead.

I have a jar of the new stuff that I recieved last month from itailianbarber. I used the old formula prior. These are the only two jars I have ever purchased in my wet DE shaving career. I have not seen any water in mine. Maybe you have a bad batch?

I read somewhere before that even the old formula was only meant to be used as a pre, however many still used it as a post with great results.

The old one had "crema pre & dopo barba" on the box (image), the new one has "crema pre barba". "Dopo" means "after" or "post", so the old one was marketed as a post-shave treatment as well by Proraso.

The old one had "crema pre & dopo barba" on the box (image), the new one has "crema pre barba". "Dopo" means "after" or "post", so the old one was marketed as a post-shave treatment as well by Proraso.

I have the old formula "crema pre barba" but the instructions on the box list before and after shaving application.

Kenno since the new formula Proraso products are not to your liking feel free to PIF them to me :biggrin1:

Digging out this old-ish thread. Is there a big difference, beyond the menthol and scent obviously, between the white and green pre? I mean in terms of beard prep qualities, feel pre, during and post shave? I like the green pre, it's just too cold for upcoming winter.

Top Bottom