What's new

New Pipe Smoker Tobacco Suggesions

Hello All,
I smoked a pipe back in college (really had no idea what I was doing back then :blushing:) and have recently found the pipe and would like to get some new tobacco to try. I don't really have an idea what I like although I would imagine that I would like Aromatics as I'm typically a fan of "flavored things" if you will, but I most certainly want to try the different types to see what I would like best. I've done some digging here and come up with some suggestions but most of them are at least a year old. What I saw repeated most was
Trout Stream
Butternut Nurley
Carter Hall
Dunhill (Nightcap)
Rattray (Hal o wynd)
Black Vanilla Cavendish
Lane 1-Q
Frog Morton
Peterson University Flake
C&D (Star of the East, Autumn Evening)
and many many more.

I guess my questions are is there anything glaring that I missed on this list and is there anything new out that should be tried (since most everything I saw was at least a year old). More importantly is there a good way to sample this stuff (such as shave soap samples) without having to buy whole tins etc. I saw several recommendations for 4noggins but they were out of the sampler and it didn't appear to contain any of the above suggestions.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I'd add Sutliff Z50 Black Cordial to that list.

Prince Albert is great too. You can buy by the ounce and I'd get an ounce of each.

Thanks DC, any recommendations on where to buy by the ounce (or smaller). I've noticed that 4noggins has 2 ounce tins of pretty much everything but I was afraid this might be too much of each kind. Especially since I have no real idea of what I like yet. Or is 2 ounces a good amount for getting a true taste of each/

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
pipesandcigars.com has most of the tobaccos that you listed available to purchase by-the-ounce. Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Bob's Chocolate Flake is another great aromatic that I would add to your list, but I found that I like it best once it has had a chance to age for awhile.

An ounce will give you 7-10 bowls and pipesandcigars.com would be best to get single ounces. Also on their website case the top 100 selling tobaccos. Maybe something in the list sparks your interest.

Thanks all for the recommendations! 1 oz sounds like a great amount to see if I like it so I will definitely go that route. I'm currently building a shopping cart at pipesandcigars now and hope to submit an order in the next day.
Thanks!

Top Bottom