What's new

New Pinaud Clubman Scents

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have a bottle of Whiskey Woods on the way. I am waiting with a worm on my tongue!
Patrick:
Ah ha! So you're waiting with 'bated (or is it 'baited'?), breath'.
Holding your Breath.gif

proxy.php
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting". Andy Warhol

Last edited:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I do not like the ebay price with shipping, and will wait for reviews. I love Pinaud Clubman products (most of them), and expect to buy the full sized bottles soon enough.

My favorite (today).

View attachment 835707
Happy shaves,

Jim[/QUOTE
Good stuff, that Special
I do not like the ebay price with shipping, and will wait for reviews. I love Pinaud Clubman products (most of them), and expect to buy the full sized bottles soon enough.

My favorite (today).

View attachment 835707
Happy shaves,

Jim
Good stuff, that Special Reserve. Found it a bit abrupt when I first used it, but it has become my go-to sauce.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Good stuff, that Special Reserve. Found it a bit abrupt when I first used it, but it has become my go-to sauce.

Like you I didn't like Special Reserve at first, but now it is my most frequently used cologne and/or after shave fragrance.

SVSSStirSR.JPG

As I read through this thread again I discovered there are now a good many reviews of these new Pinaud Clubman products, and the scents sound okay. At least okay enough to try, so I may buy them when I come across them at a price I like.

I'm not interested in buying expensive fragrances having discovered to my satisfaction that in the world of men's fragrances I don't get what I pay for in any way which to my nose justifies spending much at all. That is not me saying I don't pay premium prices for products I find worth paying for, nor am I saying others don't or can't appreciate why fragrances are worth a premium price. In other words, maybe my nose is lousy.

Reading the thread I also discovered these scents are fairly short lived. I like the fragrance to persist throughout the day. I like to sniff around for my Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve in the late afternoon and discover I can still find it.

Not all of the products Pinaud Clubman markets as Cologne and After Shave (emphasis here on cologne) have, to my nose, a scent which persists, but Special Reserve certainly does.

Thanks to everyone who has reviewed these new scents and offered their view of them. It is so helpful to hear a variety of views on them. I'm sure some of you are very understanding of the scents, and what goes into them, and what scents can be picked out of their mixtures. I am not. I only know what I like when I wear it, and then not always right away.

Happy shaves,

Jim

From the first whiff I knew Special Reserve was one for me. The duel for Clubman favorite with me is between SR and Musk.

for me, SR sits nicely between Avon's Oland (which, to my nose, is more smoke and incense) and Avon's Leather (a more mellow, straight up leather). SR has a great balance of leather and smoke, but with a longer hang time.

for those who love SR, Bootlegger's El Dorado is my favorite winter scent. It's two parts SR, 1 part Clubman Classic Vanilla and one part English Leather. Incredible scent.

used the Gent's Gin Today - 7-up vibe but when topped off with Pen's Juniper Sling a very nice Cold Gine & Tonic Vibe with a nice cedar note. Mash up Tanqueray Rangpur, Absolute Lime and A cedar stick, Wonderful stuff !

proxy.php

My bottle of Whiskey Woods finally arrived yesterday. There was a tiny bit of leakage and both my sons (ages 14 and 8) and I did a sniff test and we all agreed that it smells great. I used some this morning and it was everything I expected. The good folks at Pinaud do not mess around.

My bottle of Whiskey Woods finally arrived yesterday. There was a tiny bit of leakage and both my sons (ages 14 and 8) and I did a sniff test and we all agreed that it smells great. I used some this morning and it was everything I expected. The good folks at Pinaud do not mess around.
I agree 100% !!!

I have all three. WW is my favorite, the BS was a little sweet for regular use but it was my go to for any holiday festivities this year. Haven't tried the GG yet as I feel it's got more of a summer vibe. And no to my nose none of them smell like actual booze.

I was given the three sample sized bottle for Christmas. Two of the three leaked so that seems to be a real problem with the trial sized bottles. The Brandy Spice was my least favorite and not one I'd buy again. It's a bit too sweet for me and the least potent of the three. I found that the scent disappeared pretty quickly. The Gent's Gin was my second favorite. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this one as the scent evolves. Early on it's citrusy and then it turns into more a juniper scent. I'm on the fence whether I'd buy it again. I really like the Whiskey Woods. For me, its scent lasted the longest and was the most interesting. I'd definitely buy it again when my need for new aftershave arises.

I was given the three sample sized bottle for Christmas. Two of the three leaked so that seems to be a real problem with the trial sized bottles. The Brandy Spice was my least favorite and not one I'd buy again. It's a bit too sweet for me and the least potent of the three. I found that the scent disappeared pretty quickly. The Gent's Gin was my second favorite. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this one as the scent evolves. Early on it's citrusy and then it turns into more a juniper scent. I'm on the fence whether I'd buy it again. I really like the Whiskey Woods. For me, its scent lasted the longest and was the most interesting. I'd definitely buy it again when my need for new aftershave arises.

Same, I had a slight leak with my whiskey woods bottle.(Very slight, but enough I lost a little.) Scents seem to fade quicker than the original. All in all, I like them. Honestly, they're pretty cheap as aftershaves go so I would probably buy them all again.

Also: Straight Razor Designs | Straight Razor Designs – Menu
Has them in stock. It's close to where I live and they're worth supporting! (Shipping and cost is pretty competitive.)

Top Bottom